PHP tuner and the fun times you can have with it! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

PHP tuner and the fun times you can have with it!

Well as some know I got my php tuner for performance and for the whisper tune to keep from having to cut the truck off at the drive thru. Actually the going thru the driveins was the main thing believe it or not.

Well the one fast food place that was the worst about is the local dairy queen and one particular pain the arse girl that works there especially.

Well guess who was working the drive thru tonight. I pulled up to the speaker and flipped the chip over to the whisper setting and it goes super quiet. Well miss bitcher still ask me to turn the truck off. I went off big time and told her Id just order when I got to the window. I spun tires from there to the window and got stopped just in time. Daughters sitting beside me saying calm down calm down. Calm down hell.

I went off on her highness of the drive thru as soon as she opened the window.

"You mean to tell me after I spent $400 on a tuner for my truck JUST BECAUSE OF YOU your going to tell me you still couldnt hear me ????"

Her eyes go so big you could of stuffed a silver dollar in them. She kind of stammered at first.

"Im dead serious, I spent $400 just to keep from listening to you fuss about not being able to hear me. $400 !"

Shes then says "You really spent all that just for me?"

Then I said, "Damn skippy I did ! $400 just so you could hear me."

Then I showed her normal and quiet settings.

She apologized a bunch then took our order. Which I might add had a healthy over the normal amount in it

She was actually pleasant for a damn change.

Normally Im very mild mannered and it takes a lot to set me off but this lady had been ticking me off for some time and this just kinda set me off.

Childish but minorly rewarding in a childish sort of way

Daughter cant stand the girl/lady either so its not just me...

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: PHP tuner and the fun times you can have with it!

Funny as that is I hope you spent the #400 for more reasons that some fast food order taker didn't like how loud your truck was. Sorry couldn't resist. How much woudl say the whisper tune quiets down your truck; from stock and from the other tunes? What other tunes did you get? I here the off idle throttle response is huge.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 AM
PSN Veteran

Actually I have ended up having to cut my X off at a number of drive thrus. Some seem worse than others. Its has to do with how the buildings and walls reflect the sound. Some seem so much louder and others no so much. It worse in the cold now especially if its not completely warmed up.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 AM
<< wasted fuel >>

crowz that is some funny chit tho.

On the hunt for another truck....
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
Funny as that is I hope you spent the #400 for more reasons that some fast food order taker didn't like how loud your truck was. Sorry couldn't resist. How much woudl say the whisper tune quiets down your truck; from stock and from the other tunes? What other tunes did you get? I here the off idle throttle response is huge.
I said I told her that, didnt mean I paid that

It woke the old truck up big time. It will light the tires anytime I want now and burns em in 1st, 2nd with 3rd depending on the the road conditions.

Very happy with it. I use 80DD most of the time with the whisper tunes being the only other one I switch to. The whisper mode makes it sound like a well tuned gasser. Its very snappy on the throttle now.

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 AM
<< wasted fuel >>

but how much of a wisper is in the tune. i have been looking at somthing like that but not shure yet?

On the hunt for another truck....
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 AM
PSN Veteran

I know but I just had to... You go me LMFAO picturing all of that and the look on your little girls face. My kids do the same thing but its usually after someone driving does something real stupid and they see a red light is in the near future.
'
Anyways that was great. The kids are asking why I go this cheezy grin while I typing here.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
I know but I just had to... You go me LMFAO picturing all of that and the look on your little girls face. My kids do the same thing but its usually after someone driving does something real stupid and they see a red light is in the near future.
'
Anyways that was great. The kids are asking why I go this cheezy grin while I typing here.

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin99sdp View Post

but how much of a wisper is in the tune. i have been looking at somthing like that but not shure yet?
Its really that quiet. I'll try to make a sound clip of it sometime and post it. Makes the truck sound just like a gas motor idling.

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 03:53 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

has anyone done any testing though to see how safe it is to drive around or romp on it in the whisper mode?or let it idle for long periods of time in that setting?Just wondering because I was thinking of getting it on my chip instead of the anti theft.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode