One truck down one to go! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

One truck down one to go!

Ok. I am just finishing up on the dually and almost ready for my F250. The 350 has 99000 miles of super hard hay field working under its belt and I decided to breathe some life into it without going very far. It is just a work truck after all! I took the edge out of the 250 and put it in and also took the resonator and muffler out leaving factory size but straight piped. I also rebuilt the stock AB injectors with a kit from rosewood. The rest is as follows- AFE Intake box/DIY tube to a Torque booster intake tube to the turbo, regulator rigged at 65psi, new intercooler boots, brass up pipe donuts, BD Xwheel(the old one had CHUNKS MISSING), BD exhaust brake, new glowplugs(which is what started it all), new valve cover gaskets, new exhaust manifold gaskets, rebuilt clutch from local shop, and a complete fluid and fuel filter change. What a project! I can't wait to get done and try it out! All I have left to do is get the exhaust manifolds back on, put the turbo back on, and fire it up!

As soon as I recoup from all that I'll be ready to start on my 250 with what I still need to do in my sig. With the addition of 910 springs. I hope to get it done before the local event I'm organizing in August. (for more info on that check out the thread in the kansas section of the forum)

Well? What do you think? Not bad for a shadetree mechanic huh?

Chris
99.5 F250 CCSB 4X4 Auto- Bunch of stuff.
Irate Diesel Performance
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 Mazda B2600 rclb with 2.3l 4D55T turbo diesel 4x4 5 speed manual trans. Being worked over with Irate magic. Nick named The Beast.

08 Kawasaki Brute Force camo 4x4- AMR 730xx big bore kit and bunch of other stuff. Nick named Excessive Force!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Village Idiot

Re: One truck down one to go!

nice work..

just curious is pre99 350 code for an early 99?

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

........... Yeah...... Do i just look like a total idiot for putting that or something? I feel cool points being taken away. lol!

Chris
Irate Diesel Performance
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 Mazda B2600 rclb with 2.3l 4D55T turbo diesel 4x4 5 speed manual trans. Being worked over with Irate magic. Nick named The Beast.

08 Kawasaki Brute Force camo 4x4- AMR 730xx big bore kit and bunch of other stuff. Nick named Excessive Force!!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Village Idiot

Not at all
the early 99 is a beast all to its own.
Just when you know the differences you go and order brake rotors or something
And ffind out even more. Other then the cup thrower I love mine.

Looking forward to feedback on the diy injectors.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Haha. Yeah well the cup throwers are the same on both the trucks. They suck! I will tell you this about the injectors though. It was an awesome kit with everything needed in the way of parts and even tools, for a fraction of the cost of new. It also had very thorough instructions... Which need to be followed to a T! I'll let ya'll know how it runs when its done.

Chris
Irate Diesel Performance

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 AM
<< wasted fuel >>

nice

On the hunt for another truck....
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 03:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Nice work. It is always fun to tear something apart and put it back together.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
still strokin

my buddy did the stang 1's from rose wood on his 97' 350 an they were pretty step by step an the truck runs alot better. just my .02
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yeah they were really nice. to Rosewood! It's too cold and I'm working 16's and 12's at work so it's going to set for another week i think before I can do any more to it.

Chris
Irate Diesel Performance

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: One truck down one to go! Heelllppp!!

I got it back together but i F*d something up. First it wouldn't start. I mean after cranking forever. a good 3 or 4 minutes. Then i looked to fnd the problem and there was fluid all over the engine compartment. Fuel maybe? Anyway when i got my wife to crank it so i could see where it was coming from it didn't shoot fluid from anywhere. In fact it started right up! Nothing was leaking. But it ran rough. It idled good but when reving it missed. also there was an intermittant squeek sound. Then it ran rougher and rougher as it ran. I shut it off and started it a couple times and each tme it took a few seconds to start. What the hell?

Chris
Irate Diesel Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode