Chips anyone? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Pennsylvania Coal Roller

Chips anyone?

I have figured its about time for me to fall into the craze of chipping my rig. My only delimia is what one to choose. First off let me give you some basics besides what I have done to my truck already(listed at bottom of the post) I do not want to mess with internals i.e. bigger injectors, turbo ect. the expensive stuff. I would like to keep it moderatly stock with a little more kick,safely. Although I do plan on up grading my tranny to a BTS thats about it. So I have seen so many chips and options I am not sure what to get that best suits my truck and gives me ultimate dirvabilty and econcomy without breaking the bank. Your input would be much appricated.

2001 F-250 7.3 auto rclb xl trim all stock with a Fisher MM2 7.5' plow, work in progress

2015 RAM 3500 cclb 6.7 cummins auto all stock grocery getter

2008 F-350 cab and chassis w/ 9 foot reading service body 6.4 stroke ,auto, all stock GVW 11,500 all day every day 222,xxx and some how its still on the road!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:21 PM
just a welding fool.

Re: Chips anyone?

Matt's (gearhead) tunes are excellent. the power comes on nice and smooth, and i've noticed a HUGE jump in mpg on one of his tunes.

Swamps
Gearhead Tuning
Diesel Innovations
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:24 PM
A Ghost these days...

Matt has some good tunes. Especially since you have PMR's. He gets my vote!
His user name is mattr66 incase you want to PM him. Good Luck.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Bill at Power Hungry Performance, very knowledgable, very smooth tunes.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT

No matter who you get tuning from you should get a TS style chip as probably around 95% of our sponsors who tune use this style of chip so if you ever want to change who does your tuning its as easy as jsut sending the chip to them rather than buying a new chip. As far as who tunes it I would recommend either johnathan at Swamps or Matt at gearhead

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben02stroke View Post
I have figured its about time for me to fall into the craze of chipping my rig. My only delimia is what one to choose. First off let me give you some basics besides what I have done to my truck already(listed at bottom of the post) I do not want to mess with internals i.e. bigger injectors, turbo ect. the expensive stuff. I would like to keep it moderatly stock with a little more kick,safely. Although I do plan on up grading my tranny to a BTS thats about it. So I have seen so many chips and options I am not sure what to get that best suits my truck and gives me ultimate dirvabilty and econcomy without breaking the bank. Your input would be much appricated.
I would get gauges before doing the chip. Several vendors offer both. I currently run a chip from Bill at PHP (Sponsor) and I am very happy with how my truck performs. You might post in the vendors section looking for a package deal on tunes and guages and see what kind of response you get.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001 F-550 4X4 Lariat
BTS Tranny
PHP Phoenix chip
H2E Turbo With WW II
Adrenalin
Banks Intercooler and exhaust
In tank and pre-pump mods
Numerous minor Mods

Other Diesels
08 GL 320 CDI
02 VW Golf TDI
3054 Kioti Tractor
Kubota ZD 323
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Pennsylvania Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMKCM View Post
I would get gauges before doing the chip. Several vendors offer both. I currently run a chip from Bill at PHP (Sponsor) and I am very happy with how my truck performs. You might post in the vendors section looking for a package deal on tunes and guages and see what kind of response you get.
Thanks,good idea. The only reason I didnt post in the vendors is because I wanted a responce from real people with real answers, not trying to sell me something.

2001 F-250 7.3 auto rclb xl trim all stock with a Fisher MM2 7.5' plow, work in progress

2008 F-350 cab and chassis w/ 9 foot reading service body 6.4 stroke ,auto, all stock GVW 11,500 all day every day 222,xxx and some how its still on the road!
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Woman Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben02stroke View Post
Thanks,good idea. The only reason I didnt post in the vendors is because I wanted a responce from real people with real answers, not trying to sell me something.
That's what you would've got. Real answers, real people.

Just sayin'

Mine: early '99 F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed dually

it does stuff

His: '00 F-550

doesn't do as much

it took years to build an incredible site that went to the sh!tter in days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Pennsylvania Coal Roller

I guess I underestimated the integrity of the vendors. my last post was in no way intended to offend anyone including the vendors. I just wasnt familiar with the way the vendors ran.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:15 PM
PSN Veteran

like said you wouldve gotten real answers from real people, im curious about this tuning from matt that good MPG comes from.

05 f350 CCLB 4x4 delete and sct x4 thanks to innovative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
Sh*t in a box (litterally) and write "Will give you 200+ hp, just add to your fuel" on the box and give it to him. Then ask him if he still believe's everything thats written on a box...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
if you can blow up a 7.3 just imagaine what you would do to a 6.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode