coated bearing's ?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

coated bearing's ??

cant remember the exact name of the coating...not ceramic..there like a pre lubed bearing....i have seen them listed with one of the sponsors..can some one point me to them?? thanks guy's

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Coming For You

Send a message via Yahoo to "THE DEMIZE"
Re: coated bearing's ??

You mean like a Micro blue coating?

MicroBlue low-friction bearings, ceramic bearings and bearing lube.

97 F-350 cc lb 4x4
Swamps,Carson,Beans,Unlimited
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 06:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lildevil02

David sells them.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEMIZE";752204]You mean like a Micro blue coating?

[url="http://www.microblueracing.com/bearing_central/about_our_bearings.php
MicroBlue low-friction bearings, ceramic bearings and bearing lube.[/url]
yes like that but it was with a differnt name....thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil02 View Post
i thought it was Dave's site i see them...i spent an hour looking this AM with no luck...ill have to give him a call i guess...thanks...

HAPPY NEW YEARS ...

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:42 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

dry film lubricant (DFL) is what we use on bearings, intake runners, valve stems (and the back of intake valves) & piston skirts.

Ceramic coatings are used on piston tops, valve faces, exhaust runners, exh manifolds, turbine housings, etc.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
dry film lubricant (DFL) is what we use on bearings, intake runners, valve stems (and the back of intake valves) & piston skirts.

Ceramic coatings are used on piston tops, valve faces, exhaust runners, exh manifolds, turbine housings, etc.
thanks a lot..i looked on your site this morning as well with no luck..
im looking for rod and main bearings,,do you have them?? with 200k miles would it be wise to put in new valves as well?? .i also have 910 valve springs to put in..i need push rods to go with them...i want to do head studs as well..i am pulling the motor do to the gasket on the oil pan leaking..i though while its out,,why not do the bearings..

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:54 AM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

You don't want to break the headgasket seal (to replace valves) unless you reaaaaalllly need to...otherwise you there is a high probability that you may start having HG issues.

Since the pan has to come off...you may consider doing rod & main brgs (yes we have them)...but bearing problems are almost non-existent on these 7.3s...

If *I* were in your position...being forced to yank the engine to replace the oil pan/seal it up...then I would probably run a compression test before you decide on what to do...

if compression is low-ish...then you may want to use the GP adapter for the compression tester to put air into the cylinders...and see if you hear it escaping out the intake and/or exhaust (which would indicate a valve issue)...or if it is just rushing (past the piston rings) into the "pan" (and hear it more through the open pushrod cavity)...

with your setup...injs, turbo and aggressive tunes...you really don't want to crack the head seal unless it's absolutely necessary...IMO
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

thank you very much for the hints and advice.. ill do as you said and run a compression test before i do any thing....
i hope you had a fun safe night and the new year is even better then the last.. HAPPY NEW YEAR ....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode