H2e Kit Build - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Buffalo Diesel

H2e Kit Build

Hey guys,

I'm looking for any build threads from guys who have built their own H2e kit. If there aren't any, can we make one?

I'm in the market for a turbo, and would like to go with the H2e setup, just not interested in spending $2200 for the Hypermax kit. What is the most costly part of their kit, other than the turbo itself?

I don't have a spare block sitting around for fab, and I would imagine that would be necessary, but if some guys can chime in with their experiences and what it entails, I'm all ears. If it boils down to something that would be reasonable for me, I can get the block and get to work.

Thanks!
Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 02:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: H2e Kit Build

Here are some I have built for myself and a couple others.

GTA4594 Install Pictures - Powerstroke Nation

GT45 Discussion and Installation - Powerstroke Nation

GT4294R - Powerstroke Nation

Be ready for a real big job when you start this, there is a lot more time than one would think.

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Buffalo Diesel

Great, thanks.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Your question is the exact reason I have put these threads on here, to help others. I did not feel that there was a good mount option for the T4 chargers without buying a whole kit+turbo.

There is no other T6 it available that I have seen. I was willing to share my information for others to build their own setups.

I have recently started building some of these kits for people. I have only a limited amount of time to play with this stuff as my real job eats most of it. There is a ton of work in building one of these kits, and the materials alone are pushing into the mid $700's. For those with fabrication skills this is doable but I think that a mock up block is absolutely necessary unless you want your truck down for a month of weekends, and a sore stomach and knockles lol.

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
PSN Local

Moore, I would like to thank you for sharing your pictures and helping people with biulding their own kit.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Buffalo Diesel

I'm with Stevo. I had some time to read through them, there is much more involved than I had anticipated. Those threads gave me the info I was looking for. Lots of great technical talk going on there.

One thing I can tell from the pics though... you need a body lift!!!

Here are some random pics of the room I have under the hood. These are from all different times, none of them are current. I've had over 5600lbs in the bed with this body lift, no problem. Tons of room above the turbo, several inches!!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea97Stroker View Post
Moore, I would like to thank you for sharing your pictures and helping people with biulding their own kit.

Awesome work!

|
|
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
PSN Local

We offer the Hypermax mount kits as a stand alone system without the turbocharger if you're interested. Save a lot of time and hassle.

PM for details
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:44 PM
PSN Veteran

I just ordered one of them there things, with a QSSB hooked to it. Im pretty excited to see it show up.

DRW and tow fast parts.......
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Nice looking set up. I am in the process of building a mount kit. Do you happen to know what the radius of the pipe is to be used for the intake y? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode