ITP RR installed. Found other issues. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

ITP RR installed. Found other issues.

Well I got the regulated return installed today. It was 20* outside and I had to endure most of it because of this.......

During the install i found two things wrong. This is the tensioner bolt. It should hold a washer or something that keeps the tensioner in place. I'm surprized it didn't fall off. The belt must have been what kept it in place.

I pulled the thing apart and checked it out. The bushings in the tensioner and the shaft that rides on them are worn and grooved prettay good. I'll have to get a new one. For the mean time, I put a stepped washer on it to retain the tensioner but it's able to let the tensioner do its job without tightening it down. Anyone have a good dual pulley tensioner setup lying around they want to sell?

Next problem. I've seen a post somewhere about this sensor being bad when filled with oil in the connector. Mine was full and the connector is soaked. What is it and where do I get another for a fair price?

Anyways, the setup went in fairly easily considering the 20* temps and my back having issues climbing up and down from the truck numerous times. No leaks and everything fit well. It seems to idle and run slightly quieter because i can turn my radio down a number from where i usually keep it and it sounds just as clear and loud as before. The truck has a slight stumble or something in the idle but I'm guessing that's just getting all the air out of the system. I drove it for 10 miles today but it still does it. the throttle response "seems" a bit crisper but not by much. I have the pressure set at 62psi. I'm going to try up around 65-67psi and on to 70 to see what the difference does.

I guess I expected a bit more out of it but it's still better all around either way.

Here it is finished. I wish I had an oil pump setup to swap out while I was that far along. Oh well. Soon enough.

Dave

2003 Fire engine red F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat.
Blue fuel spring, coolant filter, EGR delete, Banjo bolts, Rotella T 5-W40, ARP, DE 4" turbo back, Farmers 175/75's, SCT with Vivian's tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: ITP RR installed. Found other issues.

Should have let the air out of tires. To cold for me.

01' F250 PSD CC 4x4, GTP38R, Hi-Flow outlet, DI Bellowed up-pipes, BTS Hpop, DI Regulated return, ITP Annilator, AM 3pod, AFE PG7 Stage II, Silverline 4in T-Back, 6.0 Trans cooler, Dp F5, BTS Trans, True-Trac 3.73, Powerslot Cryo, Rotella ELC, Nitto Terra 285/75/16E on Alcoa wheels
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I'm stubborn and had lots of motivation. The wife and kids were gone for the day. We're looking for a new house up north where I'm getting stationed. One requirement is a pole barn or something that can accomodate the truck and my 29' travel trailer.

It gets colder up there so I have to thicken my blood up a bit more again. Sad part is, I was born in So Cal and raised in the high desert for the most part. I'm more used to this than my wife who grew up in it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 AM
ARMY bound

Nice choice in kits, ITP stuff is top notch.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Snowboard season cometh..

Garage

That sensor is the ICP sensor. Best prices I've found (and stunning service!) from www.partsguyed.com

1999 F250 CC SB 4x4 named "Nyx"
BTS VB;6637;A-pillar (pyro, boost, trans temp);DP F5; XM radio;Alpine CDA-9831 w/RCA inputs;Leveling kit; UnderCover tonneau cover;05 Harley headlights;4 Hella Rallye 1000s;6.0 tranny cooler & intercooler; King Ranch running boards
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:14 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

ICP sensor #F6TZ-9F838-A,if that helps ya any? ITP R.R. kit is awesome.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Looking to possibly put my itp RR kit in this weekend along with an adrenaline pump. Glad to hear the install went well...

2002 F350 Reg Cab,4x4,7.3,6Spd.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I wish I had oil to put in with this kit. It was all out there in the open. Someday.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm on the hunt.

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode