turbo question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

turbo question

I found a new rebuilt turbo with a banks ww and a van exhaust housing, but theres no mounting for the wastegate. I was told by someone that you don't need one, but i thought that's something you need whether it's internal or external. I would like some input before i buy. Also is it a good idea to use a delete pedistal to remove the exhaust back pressure valve. My engine lights on and has this code. Thanks for any input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Re: turbo question

you mean the exhaust back pressure valve (EBPV)...no its not needed...you can delete your pedistal or buy one if you got the spare cash..if you delete yours...make sure you unplug the wire at the pedistal....

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit700 View Post
I found a new rebuilt turbo with a banks ww and a van exhaust housing, but theres no mounting for the wastegate. I was told by someone that you don't need one, but i thought that's something you need whether it's internal or external. I would like some input before i buy. Also is it a good idea to use a delete pedistal to remove the exhaust back pressure valve. My engine lights on and has this code. Thanks for any input!!
Vans didn't use one. 94-97 PSD engines didn't use one. Super Duty pickups use them because the turbine housing is too small to be used without one.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:52 PM
<----Colin Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit700 View Post

The van housing does not need a WG and is a really good upgrade for a stock super duty. But why on Earth would someone put a WW on a turbo with a van housing? THat is retarded! That turbo should have a stock super duty wheel on it. BUt it's not that big of a deal.

><>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the info. It's nice to get answers to things i'm not sure about. I'll get the turbo and a delete pedistal for the ebpv.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode