7.3 supporting mods - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
<--before leveler & block

7.3 supporting mods

Ok well some may or may not know that im going for 400-450 hp. What other supporting mods do i need in addition to what is listen in my signature. I know i need to ditch the superchip obviously. I currently have the DFA fuel cross connect kit but haven't installed it yet because i want to order the regulator upgrade kit and install it all at once. Kind of a cheaper RR route. I was going to do a clutch also. Was going for a dp tuner and 200cc/30% injectors. Im just trying to figure out what i need to do before i add much more fuel. Im just trying to get all the supporting mods necessary for that hp level so i can do this in the right order. Do i need headstuds? Thanks.

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Village Idiot

Re: 7.3 supporting mods

something like a southbend clutch maybe .
smallish hybirds...like the 200
with fuel mods
426 should be do-able
no studs needed imho..want sure
gauges and good toonsh

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 AM
PSN Veteran

I would do studs if your going for a true 400-450. You're going to pry be getting close to 40lbs of boost and the other contributing factors will make some pressure issues. You may get lucky and not lift a head, or you can have cheap insurance and just do the studs. Looks like you have a pretty good plan though.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i forgot to mention gauges. They are coming next. ARP studs? Or H11 studs? There is a difference right? I have heard that the cab needs to be lifted to get those installed or is that just on the 6.0's? Thanks!

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

You wouldnt need to do studs but I do recommend it. I am running ARP's on my truck but I know some people pushing 500hp with stock head bolts. And no you do not need to pull the cab. But you do have to lossen the motor from his mounts to rock from side to side to get it done.

As fare as reliable HP 238cc hybrids with 80% nozzles are awesome. Low on smoke great power and good fuel economy. The 38r should do you great as well. And if you do studs I would go ahead and do valve springs and push rods.

I HIGHLY recommend going with tuning from the same place you get the injectors or someone where the tuner and injector builder work closely together. Like Matt at Gearhead and Nate at Unlimited or Swamps

Also you will need a good clutch and fuel system.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Ok yeah i didn't think about the push rods and valve springs. Need to look at those. I wont be getting injectors and tuning for a few months but i would like to have all supporting mods done before then. [U]big stroker[U], i have seen u and ur truck around on the forum. I like it! nice truckhaha

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:34 PM
ARMY bound

I'd go with a more proven tuner, Swamps has been doing great stuff lately.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT

if your goin with 200/30% or 238/80% hybrids you will need to have a chip custom burned to the injectors for them to run correctly also most places when you buy custom injectors will tune your chip for free like swamps did mine and a way to save some money on a chip rather than spending 450 or whatever it cost anymore for a chip you can get on ebay and get a brandnew ts style chip for 250 and get the custom tunes for free which will save you around 200 dollars. thats what i did and it was in the original package from TS so i cant complain at all im very happy with the set-up i have. As bigstroker said i would either look at swamps for the injectors and tunes or Unlimited and matt. with either of those route you cant go wrong and your truck will put down the power your looking for and be reliable.

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

JuststokeIT, i understand the custom tuning thing with single shot injectors with the SD trucks and all. Also i agree with you about going with a tuner that works together with the injector manufacturer. I had a dp tuner on my old truck and loved it. I haven't tried anyone elses custom tunes though. I also figured that they specialized in tuning so i figured they would be just as good as anyone else? Maybe just opinion and how one likes their truck to run? Im not arguing, just stating whats going on in my head and wondering if anyone has experiences with both. Saving money on a chip would be nice with the free burns and all with swamps. Also how do you like your 200/30% hybrids? is there anything you would change and why? Thanks for all the help to you and everyone else!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT

I had a dp tuner as did bigstroker but dont get him started on that subject i had no problems with them and at the time i was happy with there tune but i wanted to go bigger and better after my engine blew so i wen this route and wouldnt look back. As far as my 200/30% injectors i absolutly love them they are very reliable and am able to tow whatever i want which is the main reason i went with them because to me they seemed to be the perfect all around injector. and swamps has been known to make trucks live long lives with way more power than im putting down thats why i chose them over others at the time i got mine.

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode