Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6 Position Mounting Location

4K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  stroken 
#1 ·
Im gonna be installing my PHP 6 position this week and id like to see some pics of where yall put your knob at. Id like for it to be in a discreet location but post up what ya got.

#5 ·
Mine is mounted in the large fuse panel cover. I drilled a hole in the cover and mounted it to the right of the steering column. It is not noticeable at all and is easily accessible to turn the knob. If I ever decide to remove it I will put a black push plug painted to match.

#6 ·
do you have any pics bushwakd

#8 ·
Thats exactly where I mounted mine. I have my glow plug bypass rocker at the top and the knob for my php tuner under it.

#10 ·
thanks for the pics.

#12 ·
Mine is mounted almost in the same place. Just on the other side of the column. Right by my left knee.

#13 ·
Mine is in the front outside seat bracket. Out of sight but still within reach without taking my eyes off the road. I ran the harness under the door sill trim and rubber flooring.

#15 ·
If you DON'T have heated seats, I've heard of it being mounted where the seat heater button would be. Be sure to ziptie it well, and leave slack for seat movement if you go that route.

#16 ·
I mounted mine to the lower metal support under the fuse panel. You can reach it easily by reaching down while driving and NOBODY sees it unless their looking for it. The best part is that you don't have to drill any holes in the dash. With this spot already there, you can remove it and there's no excess holes in the dash.

Sorry no pics of it mounted but here's the spot from the top. It's to the right of the fuse box. The knob is up inside the recessed channel if you're looking at it from the bottom. What worked for me on the direction to turn it since it's upside down from a normal dash mounting - turn right to "tighten" the hp down, turn left to "loosen" the back tires with more power.

#18 ·
I have pics in my webshots in my signature. It is a friction fit and requires no drilling. I painted the body of the switch to match the color of the interior. This way, if they ever make a better switch or a different design, I won't be stuck. I feel bad for thie people who drilled there DP f-5 into the dash, only to switch tuners later.

#29 ·
thats way too much work. I like the seat idea. Does anyone have pics of it mounted on the seat bracket?

#30 ·
I'll have to take a picture of mine and post it up for you. I have it on the left side of the steering wheel with the lighted six position indicator.

#35 ·
Where did you get the lighted switch? I want one!!

#37 ·
i bought a cheap quage from the suto parts storem busted out the glass andcut the back apart, took a peice of flat metal, cut a circle into it and epoxied it into th gauge from the back side, then mounted the knob there, then i drilled 6 little holes were the tunes were.

I didnt know you could make it light up...i think i am going to do that, put little LEDS from radio shack in each of the holes i drilled to mark the tunes....hmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.