More fuel...More Injector Questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

More fuel...More Injector Questions

Late 99, Daily Driver is its main use, looking for 400+ HP after a turbo upgrade (GTP38r) however the sticks will be ran on the stock turbo untill i can afford the upgrade.

Matt will handle the tuning so im thinking 238cc hybrids w/ 100% nozzles from Nate. What is your guys take? I need something that can be de-tuned to run safely on the stock turbo until i upgrade and then turned up for 400+ once i get the 38r in.

Will i NEED to upgrade my fuel system to run these? Im still very open on my choice of sticks so school me fellas
Thanks

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac
Re: More fuel...More Injector Questions

you can do the standard 238's with 80% nozzles, it'll be more then enough for your goals

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

are you saying the 100% nozzles will be overkill? I just dont want to catch the "i want more" that were all to familiar with any sooner than i have too. Know what i mean?

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

will i NEED any sort of fuel upgrades with a combo like this? I know i wont lose anything from upgrading but will i lose something from NOT upgrading?

Truck just got a new pump installed back in the summertime...

Quote:
Black Ops 360
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:19 AM
PSA

subscribing...sounds like the exact same thing im wanting to do
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac

depends how much more you want, 100% won't be overkill, but with the 238's 80% you should be closer to the 500 mark with the 38r, reg return would be a good idea as well

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMac View Post
depends how much more you want, 100% won't be overkill, but with the 238's 80% you should be closer to the 500 mark with the 38r, reg return would be a good idea as well
Dayumm. Close to 500 with just 80%? I was gonna be happy with anything over 400. Guess the 80% will suffice. Should I be looking into any engine mods other than valve springs? What boost #'s can I expect with this combo on the 38r? Mid 30's low 40's?

Quote:
Black Ops 360
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 05:06 AM
OverFuelingForYourPlesure

do springs, push tubes and head studs while your in there.

Ross
2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1996 f350, stock bottom end! swamps 400/400% injectors, swamps BFH turbo, swamps IDM, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, springs, studs, tubes, fuel system, water to air cooler, and much more...

-97 f350 4x4 CCLB tow rig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 07:35 AM
PSN Veteran

Stock fuel system will get you to 400...
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 AM
PSN Veteran

if youre going to be running a stock turbo, you can get away with the stock fuel system. Id just have a way of watching your fuel pressure in the cab incase you start to drop, you dont want to damange the injectors.

i think 238s with 80% nozzles would be plenty fine for your application. Theyre capable of 500 horse and will have a little less smoke and a slightly smoother idle than the 100s.

boost will depend what housing you put on the 38r. the 1.0 housing seems to be 38-42, and the 1.15 housin ususly does 35-40.

some studs, valvesprings, and pushrods would be a good assortment of parts to put on the motor to make it durable for your horsepower goals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode