AMSOIL bypass vs. FS-2500? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

AMSOIL bypass vs. FS-2500?

I am going to do the bypass oil filter mod, just makes sence to me. I would like to get your feedback on which system is better. I have been searching around and the AMSOIL system is a lot cheaper than the pricey FS2500. So my question is it worth the extra mulla? I have read that the older AMSOIL system had problems but is the new one OK? I want to run the AMSOIL pure synthetic $$$$ so I want to be able to extend the oil change interval as long as possible. What's your opinions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM
PSN Local

Re: AMSOIL bypass vs. FS-2500?

I used the Amsoil dual bypass system on my over the road truck for 3 years. I changed the filters every 15,000 miles and sent off an oil sample. They would tell me when I needed to change my oil. I really liked it. I was also running their 3000 series oil.

In the market for a new powerstroke!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:34 PM
PSN Local

How about the FRANTZ bypass? alot cheaper to run.

2002 F-250 ccsb, 7.3, Auto, 4x4, BDP Tunes, Stealth Drop In, 4" MBRP, 6637, Van turbo WW ATS, Frantz Bypass,Drilled & Slotted Rotors

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:16 AM
PSN Local

i have the frantz and like it was a lot cheaper and i would say just as good
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:19 AM
Village Idiot

It that the tp filter?

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:26 AM
PSN Local

yes thats the one
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 AM
PSN Local

the tp is like a black slim ball when you change it. its kind of gross to think that that was in the oil.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 05:52 AM
PSN Veteran

From what I have seen the FS actually can take the black soot out of the oil for a certain period of time. Even after the oils noticeably lighter. The Amsoil does not. Based on that I can not see how an the Amsoil can be filtering down to the same mic level. I would say the FS is the better system but also at a higher cost. I am glad they finally moved the oil line from the oil pan drain plug. I never liked that and alwasy felt it should go to the inspection port. I always thought the TP filter was cool as it was so simple and worked well enough.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:13 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
From what I have seen the FS actually can take the black soot out of the oil for a certain period of time. Even after the oils noticeably lighter. The Amsoil does not. Based on that I can not see how an the Amsoil can be filtering down to the same mic level. I would say the FS is the better system but also at a higher cost. I am glad they finally moved the oil line from the oil pan drain plug. I never liked that and alwasy felt it should go to the inspection port. I always thought the TP filter was cool as it was so simple and worked well enough.
The Amsoil system does filter the soot out. No system gets all the soot its impossible to do but here is the key with either system. They both filter down to 2 microns. The oil will still be black no matter what but as long as the soot particles that are larger in size (3 microns and above) are filtered out you are saving wear on your engine due to those larger particles.

I have a customer running the dual bypass on his Dmax and he called me with 1500 miles on the oil the first time he installed it and said his oil was still golden like the day he poured it from the bottle.

All I ask is do your research on both systems and then choose the one that suites your needs if your buying one. I am confident that you will choose the less expensive Amsoil system which you all get the PSN deal if you go through me.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
PSN Veteran

You might give this one a try. I have one installed on my truck and one on my 02 Golf TDI.

I did oil analysis on both after using this filter and Rotella 5w-40 synthetic and I was good past 10K miles.

Do a search on then, lots of info.

http://www.oilguard.com/index.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001 F-550 4X4 Lariat
BTS Tranny
PHP Phoenix chip
H2E Turbo With WW II
Adrenalin
Banks Intercooler and exhaust
In tank and pre-pump mods
Numerous minor Mods

Other Diesels
08 GL 320 CDI
02 VW Golf TDI
3054 Kioti Tractor
Kubota ZD 323

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode