cooling fan question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

cooling fan question

im in the process of switching all my parts off of my e99 over to my 97 block due to a crack. and when i was working on it the other night it was very late (like 2am) and the temp outside was well below freezing) when i undid the fan and went to set it down i aciedently droped it and broke a piece off the fan blade. (posting picture)

can i still use this fan to get buy till i get the money to buy eltric fans or doi need to replace it now.

also what eletric fan(s) would be a good one to use on my truck?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fan.jpg (28.4 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 AM
PSN Local

Re: cooling fan question

I would not use a broken fan as it will be off balance, spin it fast enough and it may self destruct. I would stick with the stock design and stay away from electric fans.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 AM
PSN Mega Miler

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
SonicDiesel99

Flex-a-lite makes a set of electric fans that work great for me.

Early 99 F-350 CC LB 4X4,
7.3L, AFE Stage II Intake, TS 6 Position Chip, Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans, ZooDad Mod, 4" turbo back exhaust to a 6" tip exiting out the fender, Remote Start, Custom Trans Cooler out of a Forklift, Remote Trans Cooler Mount coming soon,
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

My fan has had a piece out of it for years, but it is not as bad as that. I would defiantly get a different one.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Village Idiot

you need to take that truck to the closest
church, shrine, temple, snake handler etc
and have them power wash it with holy water.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

yeah no kiddin huh. i was thinking about driving it through the red sea for a bath.or which ever sea it was that got parted
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99

my fan has had a couple chunks missing for the last 50k and it hasnt exploded or caused any problems, id think you would be fine to run it for a while, if a fan was going to blow up mine would and it hasnt yet.

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:42 AM
PSN Mega Miler

One thing to remember, if the fans out of balance at all it will shorten the lifespan on the clutch or the water pump. Doesnt matter if it makes it 50k longer or 100k longer it would of lasted even longer if it was balanced.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:11 PM
I dont know

Would it affect it to take a piece out of the opposite blade? Kinda balance it yourself till you get a real fix? On a side note nice purchase, I know two of the previous owners of that truck. It has deffinatley been used to its fullest potential! Good luck!!!

o4 RC six speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode