38r or Adrenaline..? Read first post please. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Metal - It kicks your ass

Exclamation 38r or Adrenaline..? Read first post please.

I was drivin her pretty hard last night and for the first time i heard my turbo chirping at around 20psi. It would chirp or bark 3 times real quick and fall on its face.

Also i have stock injectors and stock pump. Under acceleration it will fall on its face over 2300rpm, I assume this is the oil losing pressure. This is a concern with me as i am wanting to upgrade to around 200cc of fuel give or take a little.

Out of all of your guys' experience what would you reccomend. I know i wont be able to get both turbo and pump together as my pockets are'nt deep enough but eventually i will have them both. I am just having trouble deciding which one to get first.

Also, with a 38r what kind of boost will i be pushing. If needed i will upgrade to head studs while im at it.

All inputs appreciated. Thanks

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Well Hung Member

Re: 38r or Adrenaline..? Read first post please.

38r wont necessarily give you mooooore boost with stock everything else, itll just get there faster, but you could probably get 30psi,

Donnie
2001- just the basics

2005 6.0 Studded, Deleted, 58v Swamps/PHP tuned Ficm, SOLD
99.5 hybrids, termy modded 17*, GT4294 TOTALED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I was'nt expecting huge numbers. But thats respectable. Anyone have recomendations?

Modded L99

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:35 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT

If your haveing problems right now with both and planning on injectors might as well imo get the turbo and adrenaline at the same time as the price of the adrenaline is cheaper if i remember correctly than the head studs and then save up to the studs but dont beat it to much because you dont want to blow a headgasket either.

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuststrokeIT View Post
If your haveing problems right now with both and planning on injectors might as well imo get the turbo and adrenaline at the same time as the price of the adrenaline is cheaper if i remember correctly than the head studs and then save up to the studs but dont beat it to much because you dont want to blow a headgasket either.
I was planning on gettin the adrenaline first then the 38r after i pay off my tranny. Which will be in 3 months, but with what happened last night (the chirping) that freaked me out a little bit. I know its not right and know I cant continue to do that. Although i know i should take it easy on the go pedal i find it hard to sometimes.

Has anyone ever had the "chirping" or whatever it is happen b4. Is that what people refer to as turbo surge?

Modded L99

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Bump..

Modded L99

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Genius, when I drink

I've got a 38R and it makes all sorts of noise, chirps included. It's been on the truck for almost 2 years without any issues. I've seen 38-40psi a few times and haven't blown a head gasket yet. With decent tuning I don't think you'll have any problems.

The best things I like about the turbo; makes a lot of noise, spools great with stock injectors and it lowered my EGT's when towing.

My vote would be the 38R.

'03 F250 CC

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
blip the throttle, and you just changed your "HPOP" oil

put that on youtube
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 AM
PSN Local

I would test your HPOP pressure and see how bad it is. If you have a weak hpop you are going to eventually want to upgrade it as you upgrade other things. If it's weak then I'd go for the Adrenaline.

Early 1999 F-250, 4x2, Auto.

ITP reg return, H2E, Mini-Mes, other stuff

H2E;
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Village Idiot

Chirping could be blade to case contact.
Pssst psst psst like a pressure cooker steaming is what surge sounds like.
Woosh like an airbrake or blow off valve like durring a shift or a quick pedal release after a wide open run is turbo stall.

The 1st and second are bad, stall can happen no matter what.

I would go adrenaline first since you already are seeing signs of weakness with stock parts.
It will add mpg and a far more seat of the pants power range feeling

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Village Idiot

I should add if it is cold out you may hear some surgy sqeaky crap going on.
That would be the ebpv opening and closing warming up the truck faster
Should go away fairly quick once truck is warmed up

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode