old stroke new power - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

old stroke new power

hey guys this is my first post im about to get a 1996 powerstroke f-350 dually reg cab 2 wheel drive 5 speed that has 311,000 on it i know you guys are gonna hate me because im planning on destroking it in the future when the engine goes because the 12v cummins is what i know best but i do want to do some mods while the 7.3 is still in there. so i want to do dual 5inch stacks with a 4" pipe leading up to that dont know if the have a cat on that year but it will be remove as well as the muffler. also a snow performance methanol kit and a k&N cold air intake lastly a Edge EVOLUTION CHIP. I want mostly for fuel mileage but would like some extra power. so what i want to know is do u think this will get me in the 20 mpg range and what kind of power do u think i will pick up lastly do u think this is too much for the old stroke i know these motors are the best in the ford trucks but not to familiar on them thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to BMac Send a message via MSN to BMac Send a message via Skype™ to BMac
Re: old stroke new power

do a little reading first...edge is crap, your transmission will take a dump, get a custom chip from one of the vendors, there are lots to choose from.
also no point in running methanol, it's alright to run just water but with stock injectors your heat isn't that high anyway so it's not needed...coolingmist is a better kit anyway.
Don't forget about an intake as well, do a search on diy tymar

People Fly Airplanes, Pilot's Fly Helicopters

2002 F350 Extended Cab Shortbed
1977 Early Bronco
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
PSN Veteran

you want 20mpg?..... leave it stock.

02 f250

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hey guys this is my first post im about to get a 1996 powerstroke f-350 dually reg cab 2 wheel drive 5 speed that has 311,000 on it i know you guys are gonna hate me because im planning on destroking it in the future when the engine goes because the 12v cummins is what i know best but i do want to do some mods while the 7.3 is still in there. so i want to do dual 5inch stacks with a 4" pipe leading up to that dont know if the have a cat on that year but it will be remove as well as the muffler. also a snow performance methanol kit and a k&N cold air intake lastly a Edge EVOLUTION CHIP. I want mostly for fuel mileage but would like some extra power. so what i want to know is do u think this will get me in the 20 mpg range and what kind of power do u think i will pick up lastly do u think this is too much for the old stroke i know these motors are the best in the ford trucks but not to familiar on them thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMac View Post
do a little reading first...edge is crap, your transmission will take a dump, get a custom chip from one of the vendors, there are lots to choose from.
also no point in running methanol, it's alright to run just water but with stock injectors your heat isn't that high anyway so it's not needed...coolingmist is a better kit anyway.
Don't forget about an intake as well, do a search on diy tymar
Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black eh?

DRW and tow fast parts.......
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 PM
The Original

Hey man shoot me over a PM I can get you fixed up ASAP

[CENTER]1994 F350 4x4 5spd, 1995 F250 4x4 5spd, 1996 F250 4x2 auto, 1997 F350 4x4 auto, 1997 F250 4x2 auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode