Attention those with AutoEnginuity and Single-Shot Injectors! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Attention those with AutoEnginuity and Single-Shot Injectors!

It would be easiest for me to evaluate this data if you have a stock HPOP (15* or 17*) simply because I already know the specifics of those pumps (pump/engine gearing and cc/revolution of the pump). If you know this information for your custom HPOP then I could still make use of your data!

I'd like to ask a favor of those with single-shots. I'm doing some analysis of HPOP data. If you are willing to take a few minutes of your time ... please take a data log in AutoEnginuity of Engine RPM, Volume Fuel Desired, ICP pressure, and IPR Duty Cycle %. What I'm looking for is about a minute or so of data recorded at idle (fully warmed-up)... after that transition to a high idle, preferably with EBPV closed, and the transmission in gear for about a minute. Basically ... I just want a good set of data at a constant RPM, unloaded (idle, in neutral) ... and a good set of data at a higher constant RPM, loaded (high-idle, EBPV closed, in gear).

If you'd repeat this cycle one more time for roughly 4-5 minutes of recorded data total, I would really appreciate it! E-Mail the csv file to [email protected].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 AM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage
Re: Attention those with AutoEnginuity and Single-Shot Injectors!

errr...

#1 not all pumps are created equal
#2 not all injectors are created equal
#3 not all IPR's are created equal
#4 not all tuning is created equal

trying to compile the data on PW, ICP, rpm, IPR%, etc...is going to do nothing for you unless you had THE pump, THE set of injs, THE IPR, and THE tuning associated with each set of data...and could test EACH of those components.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I suppose if you're assuming that I'm using the data for something which it would not help me with, then you are correct. However, I happen to be using the data for something which it would help me with ... so I would still like the data from anyone and everyone who is willing to provide it. Thanks for your confidence though.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 AM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraph View Post
I suppose if you're assuming that I'm using the data for something which it would not help me with, then you are correct. However, I happen to be using the data for something which it would help me with ... so I would still like the data from anyone and everyone who is willing to provide it. Thanks for your confidence though.
if you are trying to provide data that supports the fact that there is a HUGE disparity between these trucks' HPOil systems...then I think you will get the data you seek.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

So what are you working on? I agree with Dave that there are some variables there that make comparison difficult.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'm modeling the system mathematically. I'm modeling it so that I can design my own based on my needs. Putting real-world data into the model actually helps me to account for all the things that make each system different ... instead of complicating things.

Once I have enough data and I can model real-world behavior into it then I can use it to define what I need from an HPOP and a given set of injectors. I don't simply want an HPOP that's "big enough for even B-codes". I want an HPOP that's optimized for the specific set of injectors that I plan to install.

I'm not in this for ever increasing horsepower. I intend to optimize my engine. Modeling and data analysis is how I'm going to do that with this portion of the engine.

I want to see data from single-shots because I am running split-shots right now but intend to run single-shots. The data that I am getting makes sense with my model but I can see the influence of the split shot heavily and don't want to take the time to include split-shot behavior into the model ... since I'm not trying to design a split-shot system.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:33 AM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

Quote:
... instead of complicating things.

...yeah, that seems 100% reasonable...no need to complicate things

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

One behavior that I think I'm finding ... I'm going to analyze more of my own data to confirm this ... is that the "oil thirsty" behavior of split-shots that we talk about is much more pronounced at injection shots less than the capacity of the injector. On my engine, I am seeing that the injectors start to require an amount of oil closer to that of a single shot as they are injecting more fuel. I'll keep looking.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

*shrug* There's engineers who designed the 7.3L. You know how the stock pump seems to just barely support the stock sticks with a stock tune? That's on purpose. I like that. I want a pump that just barely supports the sticks I put in with the tune I'll be using. With this knowledge and possibly with the help of the DIESELSITE Overdrive I can design such a system.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
instead of complicating things.
sounds like your already complicating things.

but i hope the best for ya

02 f250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode