Picked up a sct livewire ts today - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Picked up a sct livewire ts today

I returned the edge today and got the sct livewire ts. Allot more money than the edge but it's switch on the fly and holds 10 custom tunes and has every monitor and I got the egt probe with money knocked off. I was wondering if any one has this programmer and how do you like it. I'm going to be hooking mine up tomorrow if the rain holds off since I need to install the egt probe. Will report back on how I like it when everything is hooked up.
Edit: what gauges should I put on display and what should I set my egt alarm and trans temp and boost warning for to stay below or when I'm nearing danger zones.

1994.5 f350 7.3 powerstroke zf5 tranny 4x4. All Stock Sold
99 f250 ext cab 8ft bed. 4" turbo back mbrp with 4 to 6 MBRP dual wall angle tip, DIY TYmar intake PHP Hydra, and Edge Insight CS2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Picked up a sct livewire ts today

Set it up and everything today with the egt probe. Love the layout and display didn't drive yet because I just tucked all the wires and finished the set up. Will drive to work tomorrow and report back.

99 f250 ext cab 8ft bed. 4" turbo back mbrp with 4 to 6 MBRP dual wall angle tip, DIY TYmar intake PHP Hydra, and Edge Insight CS2.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:00 AM
PSN Veteran

The Livewire units are hit and miss on the 7.3L trucks. I have seen some work well, while other have problems displaying data PID's and loading tunes.

We can get you custom tunes for it if you are interested. Just be aware that with custom tunes you will not be able to switch on the fly, and with the latest SCT firmware you will lose the canned tunes once you upload custom files.

HERE is a link to the tunes we offer for the SCT.

Let me know if you have any questions.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The Livewire units are hit and miss on the 7.3L trucks. I have seen some work well, while other have problems displaying data PID's and loading tunes.

We can get you custom tunes for it if you are interested. Just be aware that with custom tunes you will not be able to switch on the fly, and with the latest SCT firmware you will lose the canned tunes once you upload custom files.

HERE is a link to the tunes we offer for the SCT.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Are all customer tunes like that? I like the switch on the fly option. Honestly I love it like you said though the pids for some things suck I noticed my coolant temp being weird but I might have a bad coolant temp sensor for the ECM because before I chipped it I noticed the waste gate shutting to warm the motor up during the summer. But are your custom tunes not the email ones where you upload them yourself? Also why would I loose all my canned tunes I see I can put a micro SD in the side for storage.

Edit found my coolant answer with a search "The PCM does not monitor coolant temp on an automatic tranny truck. Similarly, it does not monitor oil temp on a manual tranny truck. So your scnaguage won't return a value or it won't return an accurate value for coolant temp."

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 04:35 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdemutis View Post
Are all customer tunes like that? I like the switch on the fly option. Honestly I love it like you said though the pids for some things suck I noticed my coolant temp being weird but I might have a bad coolant temp sensor for the ECM because before I chipped it I noticed the waste gate shutting to warm the motor up during the summer. But are your custom tunes not the email ones where you upload them yourself? Also why would I loose all my canned tunes I see I can put a micro SD in the side for storage.

Edit found my coolant answer with a search "The PCM does not monitor coolant temp on an automatic tranny truck. Similarly, it does not monitor oil temp on a manual tranny truck. So your scnaguage won't return a value or it won't return an accurate value for coolant temp."
Yes, custom tunes cannot be switched on the fly with SCT or Bully Dog devices.

Correct about the ECT. 7.3L PCM does not monitor it, only EOT. FYI, you will still get an accurate EOT reading with the manual trucks. Not sure where that info came from.

Not sure why SCT changed that. You used to be able to load custom tunes on your device and maintain all of the canned ones. With the latest firmware, that has changed.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 05:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdemutis View Post

If you'd like switch on the fly and a better gauge choice plus more PIDS options for your 7.3l give Justin a call and he can hook you up.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 06:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes, custom tunes cannot be switched on the fly with SCT or Bully Dog devices.

Correct about the ECT. 7.3L PCM does not monitor it, only EOT. FYI, you will still get an accurate EOT reading with the manual trucks. Not sure where that info came from.
i noticed the same thing with my edge cts, it doesnt show coolant temp... is there any way for it to display coolant temp? or to read boost above 25 lbs?

SOLD - 2001 7.3 zf6 sclb 4 inch exhaust, s&b intake, ts chip

SOLD - 2002 7.3 ecsb 4" exhaust, s&b intake, diesel site wicked wheel 2, diesel site 4r100 trans, 175/80 injectors, tuned by gear head

CURRENT - 2013 6.7 ccsb - Absolute performance intake, Absolute performance egr delete, Absolute performance tuning, 5" exhaust
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 07:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa View Post
If you'd like switch on the fly and a better gauge choice plus more PIDS options for your 7.3l give Justin a call and he can hook you up.
Yep, what she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 View Post
i noticed the same thing with my edge cts, it doesnt show coolant temp... is there any way for it to display coolant temp? or to read boost above 25 lbs?
The 7.3L PCM does not monitor coolant temp, so there is no way to get it to display. The only way to do so is to add a temperature sensor to the coolant system and have it run to a gauge or logger. We offer this kind of setup with our Infinity touchscreen.

For boost... Without throwing a light and to get it to read accurately above 25psi, you will need an additional pressure sensor running to a gauge or logger.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa View Post
I would but I just spent a arm and a leg on this tuner and I can't even get ahold of sct to see if I can switch the programer back to default once I load a custom tune or if it's stuck like that for ever. I tried to call I'm not waiting in line for hours on hold and they never answered any emails from 2 days ago. I should have gotten a hydra with a edge monitor. Maybe they'll update it soon and I'll fall in love with again but for now I'm disappointed in how much money I spent and what little I can do.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Never mind I just found the button that says factory reset will delete all custom tunes and restore stock tunes I guess I should play with the device more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode