02 F250 w/ Napa 6637, Straight Pipe, and SCT Tuner - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Exclamation 02 F250 w/ Napa 6637, Straight Pipe, and SCT Tuner

Anyone from the community can chime in with any opinions. They all count!

She's a beautiful black lariat with just over 100k miles.

I did my do-dilligence and installed the Napa 6637 intake/filter, and straight piped her.

I had planned on a ts 6 pos chip but a friend of mine pulled a SCT x3 tuner from his 6.0 before he sold it and he sold it to me for $80 bucks clean and clear. So I couldn't let it go to the wayside.

Question: I enjoy the Xtreme mode (110hp) and was wondering how safe it was on these 7.3 to ride around with it daily or on 5hour trips? I also enjoy the towing mode and street but Xtreme is a beautiful thing. I'm planning on getting a couple customs from Jody.

Anyone have any experience with these tuners on these engines and long trips/daily driving?

How about any more reasonable upgrades from this point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 02 F250 w/ Napa 6637, Straight Pipe, and SCT Tuner

Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 07:56 AM
PSN Local

Hey man welcome to the nation! You will want to look into getting something to monitor your EGT/Boost/Trans temps ISSPRO or Autometer gauges work good, try and stay away from GlowShift their sending units are S#@+. Some people use Edge CS to monitor there truck as well. As far as mods go it all depends on what you are looking to get out of your truck, is it a DD or a heavy puller? You could go with a bigger injector/turbo set-up, the 38R is a very good drop in replacement from what I hear. As far as injectors go you have plenty of choices just make sure you have the supporting mods to go with them and then get some custom tunes to make full use of them. The Sticky "Newbies looking for power" is a good read for starting out.

2002 7.3 CCSB
4" Exhaust, k&n intake, Wicked Wheel, Big Boost, Glowshift Gauges

2005 F250 King Ranch 6.0 CCSB
5" Exhaust, S&B Intake, Edge CTS2, Studded, EGR Deleted, Driven Diesel RR, BD Diesel TC, BPD Remote Oil Cooler, Mishimoto radiator, 7.3 Fan clutch, s363/68 .83 Non-VGT Turbo, T4 setup, Tuned by Prospect Diesel Performance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I am actually getting the edge insight ft the same guy
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Now, what about daily driving on the 110hp settings and for long distances?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 12:22 PM
PSN Local

I dont know about daily driving on a 110hp tune, I keep mine on the 80hp economy and only turn up the heat when I want to have some fun lol, but once you can start monitioring things i would keep an eye on your EGTs and Trans temp if you are going to leave it set there. It all depends on how hard you are running her to, 110hp tune pulling some heavy weight could cause some problems, however we will need some one to chime in who has experience running a hot tune alot more than me.

2002 7.3 CCSB
4" Exhaust, k&n intake, Wicked Wheel, Big Boost, Glowshift Gauges

2005 F250 King Ranch 6.0 CCSB
5" Exhaust, S&B Intake, Edge CTS2, Studded, EGR Deleted, Driven Diesel RR, BD Diesel TC, BPD Remote Oil Cooler, Mishimoto radiator, 7.3 Fan clutch, s363/68 .83 Non-VGT Turbo, T4 setup, Tuned by Prospect Diesel Performance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Williford View Post
I dont know about daily driving on a 110hp tune, I keep mine on the 80hp economy and only turn up the heat when I want to have some fun lol, but once you can start monitioring things i would keep an eye on your EGTs and Trans temp if you are going to leave it set there. It all depends on how hard you are running her to, 110hp tune pulling some heavy weight could cause some problems, however we will need some one to chime in who has experience running a hot tune alot more than me.
I know my buddy had it in a 6.0 running the highest tune daily for 6 months. I figured if a 6 could take it mine could but I would like to see others opinion.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 PM

It will be fine. Just watch your Temps. Especially egt. Edge is know for being very hard on stock trans.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
It will be fine. Just watch your Temps. Especially egt. Edge is know for being very hard on stock trans.
EGT is the only thing I can't monitor at the moment. I just drove 4 hours on the 80hp tow setting. I'm not actually towing at the moment. It will be fine? Especially not pulling weight, correct?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Just cruising you should be ok. Just don't do a lot of wot runs. If you ever want to upgrade to larger injectors later or want custom tunes. Sell off the edge and buy a ts6 or the hydra.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode