Injectors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Airborne!!

Injectors

Hey guys looking at getting the DIY-injector kit (Stage 3 kit, 238cc, capable of 500HP) my engine is stock and I believe that these are Hybrid injectors. First off what is the difference in regular and Hybrid Injectors? How much of a difference in MPG will I see between stock and these? Also would it be a smart idea to add these hybrids to a stock motor? Thanks guys and gals. go ahead and

E99 F250, Rosewood 238/100 sticks, Adrenaline HPOP, Beans D66, PHP hydra, John Woods Valve Body, 4 in. exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Re: Injectors

You will need some transmission work, a bigger better turbo, a good flowing air filter and some good custom tunes to get the real full out power those hybrids have to offer. If not things will go south shortly thereafter.
I am not trying to rain on your parade but you should call a few vendors on here and talk to them and get a good plan of attack.
Those injectors will certainly kill a stock turbo and a stock transmission.

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Airborne!!

Damn. I was planning on putting those injectors in FOR WHEN i have the money to upgrade the turbo and the tranny and everything else. Basically I need to upgrade everything else before I put in other than stock injectors? Are there any injectors that I can utilize that are bigger than stock that I will receive a little power gain with everything stock until I upgrade everything else and not have to get another set of injectors?

E99 F250, Rosewood 238/100 sticks, Adrenaline HPOP, Beans D66, PHP hydra, John Woods Valve Body, 4 in. exhaust.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
OBS junkie

Stage 1 single shots & custom tunes would be a good combo if you want alittle bump from stock without getting too crazy for awhile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Airborne!!

What Transmission/Turbo Upgrades would you recommend without buying a $3000.00 turbo or a new tranny? Im not Hugh Heffner so I dont have a large bank account.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Village Idiot

new vb woods or bts
pi converter,or similartc DI is a good source (possibly pump mods needed )
dieselsite external trans filter , new v10 or true cool tranny cooler, is my plan

also I plan sticking with the hybird idea cause i only want to do injectors once, if anything they can be detuned just fine.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan47336 View Post
What Transmission/Turbo Upgrades would you recommend without buying a $3000.00 turbo or a new tranny? Im not Hugh Heffner so I dont have a large bank account.

I know what you mean. The power modifications for these trucks get very expensive when you add them all up. To have medium to high power you need the supporting modifications to handle the power.
Just a custom tuned performance chip is good for 300hp and that alone when hotdoggin around can do transmission damage and turbo damage.
I would rather hear that you did it right than to have you put those injectors in and enjoy the new found power and them come on here and tell us your transmission is slipping and your turbo has the blades chewed up and is making noise.

For starters talk to Jonathon or Dave at Swamps Diesel Performance and talk to them power upgrades whether it be mild or wild. Then call another vendor and talk to them and gather all the info you can and set your goals and go from there.

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Airborne!!

I was thinking about keeping the stock internals and upgrading the turbo housing to a 1.00 and adding a wicked wheel. Im not sure what to add to the tranny tho yet. I really only want to buy Injectors once but I want the piece of mind that when I do have money to upgrade more and more that with the injectors atleast I can go as far as my wallet will let me.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Airborne!!

also does anyone know what type injectors are in the 99.5? ie. AA, AO, AB, AD?

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Village Idiot

AD's

here is some light reading on the diffs
Injector Info - Powerstroke Nation

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode