SCT - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

SCT

Anyone have any experience with the SCT Livewire TS and TS+? Got a Super chip in it now, It came with the truck. Want to upgrade to something that can handle motor upgrades down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 12:49 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: SCT

Hydra, don't waste your time with a programmer. Google hydra and once you find out what it is, you will want to go that route. Simple to download tunes plus it will hold 15 tunes.

2001 F-250 4X4 SCSB 7.3 Auto X Codes w/ 2" Hanger/Shackle Drop Kit-38R w/Turbomaster,AFE, T500, Regulated Return, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, JWVB, 4"Exhaust, Hydra w/ Gearhead, PHP, and Powerstruck tunes, Powerstruck 180/100's Live Tuned by Powerstruck and then some!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 04:22 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadada View Post
Hydra, don't waste your time with a programmer. Google hydra and once you find out what it is, you will want to go that route. Simple to download tunes plus it will hold 15 tunes.
I don't mean to hijack a thread, but can you explain more into the hydra, how it works, and why it's better than going the standard SCT route with php, innovative tunes, etc?

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat
8" Procomp Lift
Fuel Hostage 18x12
37" Mickey Thompson MT
Straight Piped
JVC/Alpine
RCD
SCT/QuickTricks
Rhino-Lined Ranch Hand

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 11:50 AM
PSN Veteran

On a hydra, you can change tunes on the fly. Tunes get emailed to you and then you download those into the hydra chip which takes about 20 seconds per tune. If you get a tune and it needs some changes, then you let your tuner know and they will just email those changes. The hydra also holds 15 tunes. You can run multiple tunes from different tuners. For example I have Powerstruck tunes, Php tunes and Gearhead tunes and I can change my tunes while I'm driving. Simple and easy to do. I've had a Sct programmer w/ custom tunes, I've also had the rotary knob chip. My hydra I have now is the way to go.

2001 F-250 4X4 SCSB 7.3 Auto X Codes w/ 2" Hanger/Shackle Drop Kit-38R w/Turbomaster,AFE, T500, Regulated Return, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, JWVB, 4"Exhaust, Hydra w/ Gearhead, PHP, and Powerstruck tunes, Powerstruck 180/100's Live Tuned by Powerstruck and then some!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

How long have you been running hydra? My friends Smarty died in his dodge, only had it 6 months. Just trying not to throw money at things.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 12:05 AM
PSN Veteran

I don't remember how long but probably over half of 7.3 owners on the forum probably have a hydra.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode