?????? Need a few answers! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
All Jacked up on Mt Dew!!

?????? Need a few answers!

I have an Early 99 auto, can I run a PMT 1 PCM? would there be any gains if I can? If not, what would be a good alternative?

What are the benifits of getting a modded IDM as opposed to stock IDM? Who does the best tuning?

Who sells intake plenums, so I can get rid of these small ones?

And last but not least, what all do I need to convert my turbo setup from early 99 to 1999.5 -2003?

Thanks, James

Early 99, 12" lift, 4" straight pipe 6" tip, tymar, Edge Juice w/ attitude, Edge Evolution, DDP injectors, Zoodad mod, CCV mod, crossover line, Return shimed, 38/15.50/18 Toyo MT's 4.56 gears and ARB, Water/Meth injection, Tru speed, 300k on the dial, more mods on the wish list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 AM
PSN Newb

Re: ?????? Need a few answers!

You can run that pcm, it will go with the tuning better cause it is "smarter." I ran one of them in my early99. I personally like BTS tuning, I ran DP for a while then switched, will not go back. Alot of other people may have somthing different to say about the matter, mine just ran better with the BTS tuning. Diesel site can sell you some 3" plenums as will you local ford shop. Beans diesel performance sells a dominator66 turbo for the early99 thats seems like it would be ok, never ran one dont really know tho> my $.02

99F250,12v conversion, DPS twins, DDP4s,airdog150,arp studs,benched pump,ported/o-ringed head w/+.020hg, hamilton cam,valvesprings,billet retainers/locks,maxxspool pushrods,24v tappets,dual electric fans,grid heater delete. On the quest for a 75mph roll on!!!!!!!!!

BTS tranny w/6.0 cooler

"What can happen will happen"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
All Jacked up on Mt Dew!!

is the spider smaller on the Early 99 or just the intake plenums?

Early 99, 12" lift, 4" straight pipe 6" tip, tymar, Edge Juice w/ attitude, Edge Evolution, DDP injectors, Zoodad mod, CCV mod, crossover line, Return shimed, 38/15.50/18 Toyo MT's 4.56 gears and ARB, Water/Meth injection, Tru speed, 300k on the dial, more mods on the wish list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Stroke View Post
I have an Early 99 auto, can I run a PMT 1 PCM? would there be any gains if I can? If not, what would be a good alternative?

What are the benifits of getting a modded IDM as opposed to stock IDM? Who does the best tuning?

Who sells intake plenums, so I can get rid of these small ones?

And last but not least, what all do I need to convert my turbo setup from early 99 to 1999.5 -2003?

Thanks, James
Staying stock (no chip) there would be a benefit. Going with Jody's tuning (not sure about others )you don't need to upgrade the PCM any longer to receive the same benefits of the Late 99 PCM tuning.

Diane
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Stroke View Post
is the spider smaller on the Early 99 or just the intake plenums?
yes the spyder is different. i have 2 or 3 late model spyders laying here, if you need one id let one go for 25 bucks shipped to the lower 48.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecline View Post
yes the spyder is different. i have 2 or 3 late model spyders laying here, if you need one id let one go for 25 bucks shipped to the lower 48.

Luke, I might PM you for one of those... They make great cores for H2e kits...

To the OP...

PMT tuning is light years above the XLE crap you have now. In every respect.

There are not a ton of gains going with a modded IDM, a few HP and a better running truck is what I have seen.

As far as the turbo thing, IMHO, dont waste your time on the E99 to L99 swap, get the 3" intake plentums and a H2e kit. Better turbo with more options down the road.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
PSN Veteran

sounds good joe.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Luke, I might PM you for one of those... They make great cores for H2e kits...

To the OP...

PMT tuning is light years above the XLE crap you have now. In every respect.

There are not a ton of gains going with a modded IDM, a few HP and a better running truck is what I have seen.

As far as the turbo thing, IMHO, dont waste your time on the E99 to L99 swap, get the 3" intake plentums and a H2e kit. Better turbo with more options down the road.

that is my plan..going with the h2e or similar someday.
I went with a pmt2 pcm and liked it better then the xle4 I had with no chip.

back in the day more chips seemed to be coded for pmt's or nvk's as well.
not sure if that still makes a diff.

I have heard some good things about a dp pcm flash too...not sure if it gets the cruise light to work on early99's but the pmt2 got mine fixed.
shifted better , idled an eek better, and got 1 mpg better as well.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode