E4OD O/D light flashing and weird shifting - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

E4OD O/D light flashing and weird shifting

Big Ugly (my truck) has a new symptom.... Just had trans flush done and a new IDM about 2500 miles ago just for filler. When driving the OD light on the shifter starts flashing and it shifts erratically. It seems to upshift at low RPMs ~ 1400 and seemingly goes straight to TC lock up. I have the flush done on schedule @~ 60k intervals. It had done this 3 or 4 times before and twice since the most recent flush. I first noticed it while traveling empty at highway speed on cruise control. C/C kicked off and I noticed the flashing OD light, they have to be connected. I cannot force this to happen by cycling the OD button, just seems to be erratic. My initial thought is something internal to the trans... pressure switch or something like that...

the only thing I know about tranny's is how to remove and replace.....

As always, any help or ideas please!

OH, and I towed a 5k travel trailer this weekend and it never happened, but I didn't use the C/C. It has happened on and off the C/C.

215K on the motor & ~ 150K on the trans. completely stock other than exhaust. (in my sig)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 F350 CC 4x4 Flat Bed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3in down pipe 4in pipe by Husker Performance Treadwright 285's

03 Excusrion 6.0
Road Armor Front

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode