injector cup or ... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang
injector cup or ...

ok so i got fuel goin into the water, no biggy this motor is comin out in 2 or 3 weeks. but i have noticed something very strange that makes no sense, or at least to me. no fuel gets in the water when its idling or even when i drove it to work the other day and was easy on it. the only time fuel gets in is going down the track, and in the 12 sec or so it takes the level in the jug goes up by about and inch or inch and a half. now i am goin by cold level and then checking it the day after a pull to make sure its cold. so anyone had a cup act like that or could it be a crack in the head?

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 PM
ARMY bound

Re: injector cup or ...

Things that make ya go hmmmmm.....
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

its just wierd that around 2qts or more of fuel gets in the water in a matter of 12sec but none driving it for 20min easy.

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 PM
PSN Pretender

Sounds like a cracked cup to me. Pull your fuel lines off on each head(supply and return), plug one off and put compressed air into the other. With the resevoir cap off you should be able to hear air bubbling thru the resevoir. Repeat for the other head and then at least you will know which side is causing your problems.

Good luck
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

but why only on the track and no time else?

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 AM
PSN Pretender

Heat/flex?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 03:19 AM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
Heat/flex?

I fear you may have a cracked head.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

thats what someone mentioned to me so i figured i would see if anyone else has seen this happen. thanks guys. ill post what i find once i get the motor out prob late this month.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 AM
PSN Pretender

Golfer, would you be able to verify where the crack is with the head off(via magnaflux)?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:09 AM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
Golfer, would you be able to verify where the crack is with the head off(via magnaflux)?
probably...

but *I* wouldn't pull the engine until I exhausted all efforts to find it while the engine is still in the frame.

I have only seen one cracked head that put fuel in the coolant, and is was visible, once the injectors were pulled and the coolant system was pressurized.

took lots'a eyes and lots'a flashlights peeking around.

If you have the VC's off, you can see the fuel rail "bump" that runs the length of the head...it's in line with the lower rocker pedestal bolts.

Do you have any fuel in your oil? (even if you did, with as little "mixing" you have happening...you may not notice w/o oil analysis)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode