TW Chip install and engine/glow plug light on? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

TW Chip install and engine/glow plug light on?

Hey Guys,

Bought a 4 position Tony Wildman chip for a buddy of mine for his 02 SD F350 ZF-6 CC dually.

He does have an edge in and have turned it down to "0" on the power setting. Wanted to leave the edge in just for read out of Boost and EGT.

Cleaned the contacts with PCM in place, upon install get an engine light and the glow plug light stays on? Have un-installed chip for now any suggestions would be great. One more thing how do I get the PCM right out so I can do a better job of cleaning?

Thanks to all,

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4” exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang
Re: TW Chip install and engine/glow plug light on?

when i have not got them cleaned good the glow plug light would not come one and wouldn start.

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 AM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Hey Guys,

Bought a 4 position Tony Wildman chip for a buddy of mine for his 02 SD F350 ZF-6 CC dually.

He does have an edge in and have turned it down to "0" on the power setting. Wanted to leave the edge in just for read out of Boost and EGT.

Cleaned the contacts with PCM in place, upon install get an engine light and the glow plug light stays on? Have un-installed chip for now any suggestions would be great. One more thing how do I get the PCM right out so I can do a better job of cleaning?

Thanks to all,

jrc
Pull the PCM out and clean the contacts good. If the problem repeats, remove the tuner completely. If it still repeats, call Tony, he will fix you up.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks guys,

Have been looking for a "How To" for removal for the pcm on this truck....have undone the harness bolt under the hood and disconnected the plug. removed the two bolts holding the pcm plastic frame on the inside close to the park brake peddle i.e. furthers from firewall. plastic frame will still not let loose.....what am I missing here to get this dang thing out??

thanks.

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4” exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 05:57 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Is the chip tuned for a 02? If its tuned for a 99-01 the WTS and Glow plug lights might stay on or not come on...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks CSIPSD,

Had requested the tunes specific to this truck, provided the VIN (but not engine build date)....mmm guess I should check that as it might be on the shoulder of dates. Or rather it would be the PCM build date??

Still have to pull the PCM right out and do a good cleaning of connacts as it would appear not to have had a chip previously. Does have an edge would that make a differents?

thanks for comments guys..

jrc

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
PSN Veteran

with the edge being a programmer it would just plug into the obdII port, my guess is that the contacts on the pcm arent clean enough.

on a second note jonathan from beans did a ts chip install in the recent issue of diesel world, step by step photos.

02 f250
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Village Idiot

marty had a good video on pcm change.
must be in the library somewhere.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks guys,

Have looked around here and was not able to find adequate info of me...ahem on the "other site" guys put me onto Dieselmanor website diections and will get at it tomorrow. It was the 10mm bolt and nut on the inside that had me messed up as I didn't know they where there. After removing the 7mm ones things would not fully dis-assemble and was wanting to put the axe in there and mix it up a bit...heh heh.....should be gtg now....thanks again.

jrc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode