Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TW Chip install and engine/glow plug light on?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JCart 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Bought a 4 position Tony Wildman chip for a buddy of mine for his 02 SD F350 ZF-6 CC dually.

He does have an edge in and have turned it down to "0" on the power setting. Wanted to leave the edge in just for read out of Boost and EGT.

Cleaned the contacts with PCM in place, upon install get an engine light and the glow plug light stays on? Have un-installed chip for now any suggestions would be great. One more thing how do I get the PCM right out so I can do a better job of cleaning?

Thanks to all,

jrc

#2 ·
when i have not got them cleaned good the glow plug light would not come one and wouldn start.

#3 ·
Pull the PCM out and clean the contacts good. If the problem repeats, remove the tuner completely. If it still repeats, call Tony, he will fix you up.

#4 ·
Thanks guys,

Have been looking for a "How To" for removal for the pcm on this truck....have undone the harness bolt under the hood and disconnected the plug. removed the two bolts holding the pcm plastic frame on the inside close to the park brake peddle i.e. furthers from firewall. plastic frame will still not let loose.....what am I missing here to get this dang thing out??

thanks.

jrc

#5 ·
Is the chip tuned for a 02? If its tuned for a 99-01 the WTS and Glow plug lights might stay on or not come on...

#6 ·
Thanks CSIPSD,

Had requested the tunes specific to this truck, provided the VIN (but not engine build date)....mmm guess I should check that as it might be on the shoulder of dates. Or rather it would be the PCM build date??

Still have to pull the PCM right out and do a good cleaning of connacts as it would appear not to have had a chip previously. Does have an edge would that make a differents?

thanks for comments guys..

jrc

#9 ·
Thanks guys,

Have looked around here and was not able to find adequate info of me...ahem on the "other site" guys put me onto Dieselmanor website diections and will get at it tomorrow. It was the 10mm bolt and nut on the inside that had me messed up as I didn't know they where there. After removing the 7mm ones things would not fully dis-assemble and was wanting to put the axe in there and mix it up a bit...heh heh.....should be gtg now....thanks again.

jrc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.