Cab-drone question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Smokin' Ole

Cab-drone question

I plan on putting stacks on the truck in my sig. If I were to gut the interior and Dynamat the entire cab and go with 4" straight pipes to 6" stacks would the drone be retardedly insane? Or would I be better off skipping the pain-staking work by just putting a Flowmaster Hushpower muffler on before the stacks and forget the Dynamat? Hell, do they even make a Hushpower for a 7.3L? Too lazy (stupid I know...)

I have watched YouTube videos for weeks on end with stacks and Hushpower, and I just don't know how annoying or loud it will be in the cab on a 350-400 mile highway drive going 75-80 mph.

I just like the way 6" Aussie cut stacks look sooooooo much, but I still wanna talk to people in the cab lol. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Andy

2003 F-350 CCSB 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke, 2.5" leveling kit, 285 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A's, Banks Big Hoss chip, K&N Cold Air Intake, 4" Banks Monster Exhaust (soon to be Grand Rock stacks), ISSPRO A-pillar gauges (Pyrometer, Oil temp, Trans temp, Boost)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

Re: Cab-drone question

on the highway with my single stack,its annoying if I go over 70mph.I enjoy the window down so once I do that,its fine.The droan isonly is bad with the windows up.Its still better then when I had my exhaust comming out in front of the tire.That was actually louder inside.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Smokin' Ole

That's a very VERY good answer to my question! I do a lot of traveling from the Minneapolis area to Milwaukee and I like to run at 70-75 mph. I always have a window at least cracked if not down all the way 365 days a year. Keeps me from smoking too many cigarettes (don't ask why it helps, it just does).

Has anyone put Dynamat in their truck with stacks though? Exhaust noise doesn't bother me personally, but I'd like to have a conversation with the cutie in the passenger seat once in awhile!

2003 F-350 CCSB 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke, 2.5" leveling kit, 285 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A's, Banks Big Hoss chip, K&N Cold Air Intake, 4" Banks Monster Exhaust (soon to be Grand Rock stacks), ISSPRO A-pillar gauges (Pyrometer, Oil temp, Trans temp, Boost)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
PSN Local

If your think'n about doing sound deading matting at all, I would say just to do it. Even if you don't decide to do stacks. It'll help with the engine noise wind, and or tire noise too. I don't have stacks on my truck, but I did do a 4" turbo back and muffler delete and I got exhaust drone at idle and at 75 mph or so. So when I did the 80 mil FatMat install on my truck in cut down on the noise quite a bit, wind, tire,engine, & exhaust. My stereo sounds much tighter as well.
http://image75.webshots.com/75/6/32/...8CGUqvT_fs.jpg

Carlos Briceno
99.5 CC F-250 4X4 with Full engine Rebuild.
02 Excursion 4X4
03 SC F-250 4X4
/////////////.---. /////////
Oo..//.-----' --- '---. //////
OOo;.'-(o)------(o)-' ///

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Country ><> Amen
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Bigfoot is an OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
If your think'n about doing sound deading matting at all, I would say just to do it. Even if you don't decide to do stacks. It'll help with the engine noise wind, and or tire noise too. I don't have stacks on my truck, but I did do a 4" turbo back and muffler delete and I got exhaust drone at idle and at 75 mph or so. So when I did the 80 mil FatMat install on my truck in cut down on the noise quite a bit, wind, tire,engine, & exhaust. My stereo sounds much tighter as well.
http://image75.webshots.com/75/6/32/...8CGUqvT_fs.jpg
Stacks or not, sound dampening material is one of the best non-HP related things I've ever seen or heard.

Falling in love with the truck all over again - Powerstroke Nation

I still can't get over how quiet it is with the windows up.

Go ARMY!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM
PSN Local

Carlos Briceno
99.5 CC F-250 4X4 with Full engine Rebuild.
02 Excursion 4X4
03 SC F-250 4X4
/////////////.---. /////////
Oo..//.-----' --- '---. //////
OOo;.'-(o)------(o)-' ///

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Country ><> Amen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode