difference in intakes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
it's an 02 05 08

difference in intakes

I am in need of an intake but am on a budget I would love a afe stage 2 but the price is a bit high found an afe stage 1 on ebay for around 200
wondering if there is a huge difference between the two with my mods

2002 ext. cab lwb 4x4 7.3
05 front 08 rear conversion
4in lift,forged rod motor,tunes by tsd,bts trans,6.0 transcooler,6 autometers to watch,studs,springs,push rods,238cc hybrids,itp reg return,stealth hpop,tsd custom fuel system and sump,an so on
6.0's pay the bills and 6.4's soon..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 AM
PSN Local

Re: difference in intakes

i had the AFE intake and did not like it at all... switched to the S&B intake and love it... can really hear the intake when driving and hear the turbo also... you could also consider a tymar intake...

2001 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4, S&B CAI,Zoodad Mod,Foil Delete,Van Turbo,WW,4" DP w 5" Exhaust,CCV,HPOX,DP Tuner(high idle,lope,60hp,80hp,120hp,140hp)ITP Overboost Anhilator,Autometer PYRO & Boost, 2" Rear Lift w 2.5" Skyjacker Leveling Kit, Procomp ES9000 Shocks..
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 AM
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: difference in intakes

I,m kinda a fan of my stage II, I rode in a 01 with a stage I And the thing really did,nt impress me much. A tymer would be a good choice if you have limited funds

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 04:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Love my Tymar. Sounds awesome and opened up my 7.3 with my 4inch exhaust. Cheaper then the others. And the others just seem like "mild" improvements over the stock ones. Biggest selling point to me was I'm in heavy equipment and If I run this same filter on my machines which cost me $250,000......it damm sure is good enough for my pickup. ( Plus I love the extra turbo noise I get......and so do the ladies...why I don't know <eg> )
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Question do you want the best filtering and flowing filter or one that has more bling and costs more...if your answer is not wanting bling get a Tymar. I'm a Tymar dealer and if I can help let me know.

Cary

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post
Question do you want the best filtering and flowing filter or one that has more bling and costs more...if your answer is not wanting bling get a Tymar. I'm a Tymar dealer and if I can help let me know.

Cary
spoken like a true salesman.

I picked up a 6.0 intake with new filter for $35 off CL and couldn't be happier.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
<-- GO BRONCOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoutfitters81 View Post
i had the AFE intake and did not like it at all... switched to the S&B intake and love it... can really hear the intake when driving and hear the turbo also... you could also consider a tymar intake...
You couldn't hear the turbo with the AFE? The AFE is one of the loudest intakes out there.

I have no problem hearing mine.

Anthony

2002 F-350 SRW 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab, Auto, MBRP 4" T409 Turbo back, AFE Stage 2, Isspro gauges (Pyro, Boost, Trans), BTS VB, DP F-5
(No start, Modified Stock, 60T, 80E, 120race)

Democrats are tyrants.
Republicans are cowards.
Jesus Christ is our only hope!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
PSN Veteran

mines pretty loud...

7.3 in progress
AFE StageII, 5" pipe, TSD Six pos chip , Cobalt three pillar gauges. Harley's, HID's and Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 05 conv. huge want list!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:14 PM
PSN Veteran

Filter1.com. Tymar filter ( Napa filter# 6637....$28.....4 inch piece of 4inch exhaust pipe, 2 clamps and your done. Unless you wanna get fancy and buy a cover for it. But then again you can get some stretch polyester and make your own.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 PM
PSN Veteran

A plastic box with a air filter in it for $200.00. Verses a air filter that flows better and filters better for $50.00. HM let me think.

2000 F350 CC SB Lariate
Afew exstras
All brought together by Tony Wildman

Dale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode