Thanks to DI - New High Pressure Airdog - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Thanks to DI - New High Pressure Airdog

Guess we wont know til someone tries one eh?

So I called up Pureflow. I have my concerns about reliability after my woes with the Fass. The HP Airdog is rated at 15-17k hrs....which is the equivalent of 500k miles. Adjustable rated 45-75 psi. 4 yr replacement warranty. The guy was very confident it would hold up to my application. I told him about my setup and Charles' concerns (lol) about it being a brushed motor....and he said no problem. Granted, the guy is a salesman...but he told me put the two side by side and the difference in quality is obvious.

My Fass is on its last leg. Sure, I could buy another motor and keep on truckin...but I dont want another one.

If nothing else, I know the AD will be atleast half as loud. .

David took really good care of me. I'll post results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 AM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Re: Thanks to DI - Airdog

My FASS has been working great since I got the replacement about 6 or 7 months ago (knocks on wood) but I'm curious to see how well the Airdog holds up myslef, just in case.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

This one lasted 4500 miles....although the first one did go around 15k.

|
|

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Dead Member

My FASS been down three times so far and is down at the moment...truck is parked. I've owned the pump 1 1/2 to two years. It would make a great race pump, but as a daily driver it just isn't reliable enough to trust. I'd look elsewhere if in the market for a new pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
This one lasted 4500 miles....although the first one did go around 15k.

2001 F350 7.3 SD EC LB 4X4 Handshaker, Water/Meth Injection, GQSSB W/Carson Stauffer mount, Swamps 250/200 injectors, TE Duals, Fuelab/Sump, Spearco, FS 2500, Fluid Dampner, ARP head/Main studs, Sinister R/R, Detroit locker out back, etc.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
My FASS been down three times so far and is down at the moment...truck is parked. I've owned the pump 1 1/2 to two years. It would make a great race pump, but as a daily driver it just isn't reliable enough to trust. I'd look elsewhere if in the market for a new pump.
I'll let you know how this Airdog works out. One of the main reason I chose it is I can swap from the Fass in no time. Sick and tired of not being able to drive the truck and having to spend a ton of time work on it.

Yes, I could have gone to a stand alone Fuelab pump with a seperate filter etc...but just not in the mood to jack with it/fab crap etc..

The guy with Pureflow says they have done long term extensive testing and it held solid.

|
|
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
PSN Local

Re: Thanks to DI - New High Pressure Airdog

one fass going on maybe 3 0r 4 years maybe 80 90k? Hell I dont know how long anymore I cant remember what I did last weekend but I know my fass pump worked on the way home..

2000 F250 4x4. Full motor build from SWAMPS.. Bcode injectors, gt42 turbo and all the other crap that goes with it.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Dead Member

Quote:
I'll let you know how this Airdog works out. One of the main reason I chose it is I can swap from the Fass in no time. Sick and tired of not being able to drive the truck and having to spend a ton of time work on it.

Yes, I could have gone to a stand alone Fuelab pump with a seperate filter etc...but just not in the mood to jack with it/fab crap etc..

The guy with Pureflow says they have done long term extensive testing and it held solid.
Boy, I hear you on this subject!
I'm going through my whole fuel system and doing it right. It was a 7 out of 10. I'll get the FASS fixed and sell it to someone with a race rig. I use my truck and run it 11 to 14 hours at a time without shutting it down. So the pump motor has issues for sure. For me the Fuelab is a much better bullet to load up with. Your Airdog should serve you well. I will keep my ear to the ground though!

2001 F350 7.3 SD EC LB 4X4 Handshaker, Water/Meth Injection, GQSSB W/Carson Stauffer mount, Swamps 250/200 injectors, TE Duals, Fuelab/Sump, Spearco, FS 2500, Fluid Dampner, ARP head/Main studs, Sinister R/R, Detroit locker out back, etc.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Banning Smut

Ditto. I'll fix the Fass and sell it too....

|
|
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Dead Member

Quote:
Ditto. I'll fix the Fass and sell it too....
Man!, these Fass pumps are going to be just like the old dual Stealth Big Oil Pumps in the forsale section.

post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 AM
PSN Local

Look if you guys want one that works well and seems to last well just use the stock Ford pump. We put two on Brians truck and have never had an issue with them. Just plumb in an extra pickup in the tank for the second pump. If it ever goes out you can pick them up easy and they are not loud!

We just went from the tank to each pump then through a check valve to the head on each head. The one way valve was from IH from there stock fuel system for the 7.3. Simple and works great with the regulated return!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode