Van Turbo Rebuild?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Van Turbo Rebuild??

Ok so i finally got a hold of a van turbo and have some questions about doing the swap.. Gonna go ahead and do the pedestal swap and put a WW in it.. where can i get a rebuild kit for this turbo or will the standard 7.3L rebuild kit work with it???

2001 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4, S&B CAI,Zoodad Mod,Foil Delete,Van Turbo,WW,4" DP w 5" Exhaust,CCV,HPOX,DP Tuner(high idle,lope,60hp,80hp,120hp,140hp)ITP Overboost Anhilator,Autometer PYRO & Boost, 2" Rear Lift w 2.5" Skyjacker Leveling Kit, Procomp ES9000 Shocks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT
Re: Van Turbo Rebuild??

Do not put the Wicked Wheel in it, you will flow less air with it.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoutfitters81 View Post
Ok so i finally got a hold of a van turbo and have some questions about doing the swap.. Gonna go ahead and do the pedestal swap and put a WW in it.. where can i get a rebuild kit for this turbo or will the standard 7.3L rebuild kit work with it???
Can you just send it out to Ron's Turbo Service? Rebuilt Turbochargers| Turbocharger Kits| Turbochargers| Salt Lake City, Utah

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ok so im gonna be putting my van turbo on this weekend.. does the wastegate actuator go back on the van turbo or do you leave it off? and if so then were does my red line plug into if its removed?

2001 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4, S&B CAI,Zoodad Mod,Foil Delete,Van Turbo,WW,4" DP w 5" Exhaust,CCV,HPOX,DP Tuner(high idle,lope,60hp,80hp,120hp,140hp)ITP Overboost Anhilator,Autometer PYRO & Boost, 2" Rear Lift w 2.5" Skyjacker Leveling Kit, Procomp ES9000 Shocks..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:48 AM
PSN Veteran

What wastegate actuator? You should have no actuator at this time. Did you get the exhaust flange that you needed?

I would remove the lines itself and leave the electronic doohicky alone so it doesn't trip a code and plug up where it goes into the manifold.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 AM
PSN Local

The van turbo uses the same rebuild kit as the stock 7.3 turbo. GP38 if I recall correctly.

2002 F-350 CCLB 7.3 250,000 Miles *** 5" MKO Power Exhaust, 6637, Foil Delete, DB's HT Starter, EV2 Gauges, 6.0 IC/TC, Van Turbo, WW, Casserly Stg. 1 Singles, BTS VB, DP Tuner, HPX***
2008 F-450 CCDRW 80k ***4"DP-5"MBRP, S&B Intake, Elite EGR delete w/ wastegate, Elite Studs, DPF/DOC delete, KEM 345***
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
<---- my shop

the stock turbo rebuild kit will work just fine. dont use the WW it will cut down on air flow. You will not have a wastegate on the van turbo, Just remove the red line that went to the wastegate and cap it off at the intake spyder where it attaches

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode