We need this, badly. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Thug

We need this, badly.

Ford Small Block 32Valve Cylinder Heads

Visible are the 2 exhaust valves merging into one port. Also shows how one pushrod operates 2 exhaust valves simultaneously. Rocker arms ride on needle bearings and are shaft mounted, similar to Chrysler Hemi rockers. One pushrod operates both valves simultaneously with individual adjusting screws for each valve. Rocker arms are investment cast of 4340 Chromoly and heat treated. Needle bearings and shafts are Torrington. Heat treated shims on ends of rockers are pre-set for end play. View shows stock high performance head bolt studs can be used with 12 pt. nuts.

99 F250 4x4 SC SB Eats 6.0's

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
I'm not saying the 7.3 is god's gift to diesel either. But atleast when a CPS goes out you can change it on the side of the road. I don't know about you but I'm running out of places in my glove box to store injectors, head studs, new heads, up pipes, fuel pumps, ficms, and a lift to remove the cab.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:44 PM
PSN Local

Re: We need this, badly.

Yes, we do. I have thought about building some, it's just that it takes time and money. I have the equipment, but I can't stop my work to build a set. I have looked to see if some other kind of head could be modified to fit, but the bore centers are so far apart on the 7.3, I haven't found anything close.

David Willingham
Advanced Motorsports Engineering
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProF100 View Post
Yes, we do. I have thought about building some, it's just that it takes time and money. I have the equipment, but I can't stop my work to build a set. I have looked to see if some other kind of head could be modified to fit, but the bore centers are so far apart on the 7.3, I haven't found anything close.
If you build it, they will come. 4V hi flow heads with something like 6.4 injectors and a Swamps front cover for the pump would put the 7.3 back on the map.

Quote:
I'm not saying the 7.3 is god's gift to diesel either. But atleast when a CPS goes out you can change it on the side of the road. I don't know about you but I'm running out of places in my glove box to store injectors, head studs, new heads, up pipes, fuel pumps, ficms, and a lift to remove the cab.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
If you build it, they will come. 4V hi flow heads with something like 6.4 injectors and a Swamps front cover for the pump would put the 7.3 back on the map.
Yet Ben Miller seems to have no problem making over 2000hp with half that many valves. Put your time toward fuel injection. Airflow is not the problem. Else explain DOT por favor.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
We put the FU! in FUN

Those would be awsome for our trucks but charles is right... The main thing holding out trucks back power wise is the fuel system. Oh well everything has it's problems

Bored .030 HHT Waste gate,Wicked Wheel, K&N intake, 4" Turbo back, HPX Line , 6.0 Tranny Cooler, IDM MOD,3 Gauge Pillar W/ Auto meter Ultra Lites with LED's, LED Interior lights,
Bestop Soft Top,35W HID's 6K,Pioneer AVHP4200DVD 7",Rockford P2 10" ,Phoniex Gold Door Speakers,JL Amp
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Yet Ben Miller seems to have no problem making over 2000hp with half that many valves. Put your time toward fuel injection. Airflow is not the problem. Else explain DOT por favor.
Are you saying DOT has not done any flow work? Explain? How about more into his motor than most people make in a year.

Wouldn't this make it easier to make 800+ HP while putting less stress on the motor?

Quote:
Like other Arao Engineering 32-Valve Cylinder Heads, these not only flow more air but flow much more during the earlier stages of lift. So not only do you get more at full lift, you get far more early, which means you get more complete cylinder filling.

Quote:
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
Are you saying DOT has not done any flow work? Explain? How about more into his motor than most people make in a year.

Wouldn't this make it easier to make 800+ HP while putting less stress on the motor?
Okay.....

Do you know what "more complete cylinder filling" is trying to say? It's simply Volumetric Efficiency. And while with God's gift to heads/cam you might bump VE from say 80% to high 90's.... hell, say 100%, that's still not jack.

A 7.3L powerstroke spinning 4000rpm moves 411 cubic feet of air every minute at a VE of 80%. Now you take God's gift to headflow, slap that baby on there and you might honestly bump that to just over 480CFM if you can rank VE in the 95+% range. Hell, if you sold your soul to the Devil himself, and stuck a perfect 100% VE you would only be at 514CFM.

Am I supposed to believe that 100CFM is going to make or break the deal here? Especially considering that an engine like the 5.9 12v engine would only be moving 416CFM at that same rpm AT 100% VE! I think we all know the 5.9 12v head is a bit more capable than 800ish hp.

Just saying. That's a LOT of money..... for nothing when you realize that bolting it on the truck picks up less power than 20lbs of boost. Especially when the same money spent on an injection system would have produced a tenfold power increase, if not more, for the same coin.

Cool..... okay. Neato, yes. Practical.... at this point.... no.

That's just me. I'm dumb.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 AM
peterbilt'in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Okay.....

Do you know what "more complete cylinder filling" is trying to say? It's simply Volumetric Efficiency. And while with God's gift to heads/cam you might bump VE from say 80% to high 90's.... hell, say 100%, that's still not jack.

A 7.3L powerstroke spinning 4000rpm moves 411 cubic feet of air every minute at a VE of 80%. Now you take God's gift to headflow, slap that baby on there and you might honestly bump that to just over 480CFM if you can rank VE in the 95+% range. Hell, if you sold your soul to the Devil himself, and stuck a perfect 100% VE you would only be at 514CFM.

Am I supposed to believe that 100CFM is going to make or break the deal here? Especially considering that an engine like the 5.9 12v engine would only be moving 416CFM at that same rpm AT 100% VE! I think we all know the 5.9 12v head is a bit more capable than 800ish hp.

Just saying. That's a LOT of money..... for nothing when you realize that bolting it on the truck picks up less power than 20lbs of boost. Especially when the same money spent on an injection system would have produced a tenfold power increase, if not more, for the same coin.

Cool..... okay. Neato, yes. Practical.... at this point.... no.

That's just me. I'm dumb.
You Sir... Are a very smart man.

7.3L @ 4K rpm only move 411-514 CFM? i figured they could flow a bit more air then that, but i was only guessing at it.

2002 F350 extended cab XLT, 4x4 auto,194K mi @ 10/25/13, ELF7405, DP F5, ultra light gauges, all kinds of "improvements" Yukon Grizzly locker 6K helper springs, x code fronts. 2 Y2K jetta Tdi. RC2 tuned
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
PSN Local

Charles. You are so condescending! I'm very new on PSN. But I love your posts! I hope to learn alot from you sir! Keep the knowledge flowing!

2002 F-350 CCLB 7.3 250,000 Miles *** 5" MKO Power Exhaust, 6637, Foil Delete, DB's HT Starter, EV2 Gauges, 6.0 IC/TC, Van Turbo, WW, Casserly Stg. 1 Singles, BTS VB, DP Tuner, HPX***
2008 F-450 CCDRW 80k ***4"DP-5"MBRP, S&B Intake, Elite EGR delete w/ wastegate, Elite Studs, DPF/DOC delete, KEM 345***
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Senior Veteran Member

Garage

Charles is very knowledgeable. He knows what he is talking about, no matter what he is commenting on.

Centxdiesel

1997 F250 XL SC, 512HP 1019TQ,
30% nozzle Hybrids from [email protected]
Adrenaline, Beans D-66,Beans E-Fuel,Valair Ceramic-Kevlar clutch.

Awesome Tuning by: Matt: from:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode