question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
rider2xtreme93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: waterbury CT
Posts: 252
Send a message via AIM to rider2xtreme93
question

would it hurt my truck if i got custom tunes for my truck before i got intake? i was looking at swamps 6 pos and i really like it
rider2xtreme93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Super Hauler!
 
Super_Hauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 3,882
Re: question

no not really you just will not see the full benefit if your not getting enough air in or out. Do you have exhaust? I personally would get exhaust,intake and some egt,boost,trans temp if you have a automatic.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
Super_Hauler is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
rider2xtreme93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: waterbury CT
Posts: 252
Send a message via AIM to rider2xtreme93
Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokinc View Post
no not really you just will not see the full benefit if your not getting enough air in or out. Do you have exhaust? I personally would get exhaust,intake and some egt,boost,trans temp if you have a automatic.
i have a turbo back 4in exhaust/egt,boost and trans temp, i would get the intake,but not like as soon as the tuner
rider2xtreme93 is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Super Hauler!
 
Super_Hauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 3,882
Re: question

just put a $40 napa tymar filter #6637 on there then, its way better than your stock setup and wont hurt the pocket book! Do it your way, you just wont see enough out of the chip/programmer and it will smoke more!

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
Super_Hauler is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
rider2xtreme93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: waterbury CT
Posts: 252
Send a message via AIM to rider2xtreme93
Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokinc View Post
just put a $40 napa tymar filter #6637 on there then, its way better than your stock setup and wont hurt the pocket book! Do it your way, you just wont see enough out of the chip/programmer and it will smoke more!
i was thinking to get afe stage 2,i gotta put on a ats rear diff cover,came in today.the stock one has about seen its day
rider2xtreme93 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome