Just arrived home from living tuning! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Just arrived home from live tuning!

Well, after the 2500+ mile journey, i'm finally home. Truck didnt skip a beat the whole trip! (had to replace the belt though, i found shreds of it in the engine bay in nashville ) I drove down to swamps to have Jonathan work his magic on my truck to get these 400/400s streetable. And he did that and MUCH more.

Before the tuning, the truck would stall out all the time, and was a chore to drive and keep running sometimes. It would smoke a good amount at low throttle input (expected, though) and was tough to drive in town.

We spent about 4-5 hours on my daily tune ALONE. NIGHT and DAY difference from before. The truck will hardly smoke at all, even with full throttle. It will not stall out, not even cold anymore (was worst when cold before). It is so smooth and linear it feels like driving a nearly stock truck. Hell, the cruise control even works without smoking! Idle is nice and smooth now also, shift points are dead on where i wanted them. Its very easy to drive now. I'm VERY impressed with what Jonathan could do.

Now, for the race tune....
We created a "new" race tune that we think is much stronger, yet just as safe, as drag 3 b : We spent alot of time creating this and it seems like it is well worth it. I have both drag 3 b and this new race tune to compare at the track. I think the new tune pulls harder than drag 3 b, and Jonathan agrees. He was as giddy as a school girl He said my truck was probably the hardest pulling truck he has tuned in I hope to see an 11.XX with some slicks.

We spent nearly 12 hours and 400 miles of driving to get this thing running well, and i want to sincerely thank the swamps crew for all they've done to help me. They have a great thing going for them, and from the stuff i saw in their shop, they'll be in the 10s VERY soon

It was also nice to meet scotty (stroke n style) and got to see his truck and his built motor in progress.

Thanks again guys!

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by matthewd11; 08-29-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: "live" instead of "living" lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Just arrived home from living tuning!

Pure awesomeness!

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Senior Veteran Member

Garage

Good for you and a big shout out to the swamps crew. Those Texas/Tennessee guys, I tell ya.

Centxdiesel

1997 F250 XL SC, 512HP 1019TQ,
30% nozzle Hybrids from [email protected]
Adrenaline, Beans D-66,Beans E-Fuel,Valair Ceramic-Kevlar clutch.

Awesome Tuning by: Matt: from:

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Awesome!!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Banning Smut

Awesome!

|
|
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 05:58 PM
PSN Veteran

That is awesome. Congrats.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM
ARMY bound

Sounds like fun man!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Live tuning is something I honestly think I could benefit from greatly. There are little quirky things that my truck does that absolutely pisses me right off. Sometimes I don't even want to drive my truck because these little things bother me so much.

1,138mi to Swamps from my house. Should I do it?

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 11:36 PM
ARMY bound

You should have done it already. Go make the trip!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDfan99 View Post
Live tuning is something I honestly think I could benefit from greatly. There are little quirky things that my truck does that absolutely pisses me right off. Sometimes I don't even want to drive my truck because these little things bother me so much.

1,138mi to Swamps from my house. Should I do it?
I did you should too. I'll take another trip

What bothers you so much?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode