AIH delete, DIY Tymar done. CCV? WW? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

AIH delete, DIY Tymar done. CCV? WW?

After doing the foil delete, the DIY intake and the AIH delete yesterday. I had purchased everything to do the CCV mod. However looking inside the intake boot at the turbo there was hardly any oil. So I opted to not do it. Is a CCV mod strongly advised or doesn't really matter?

Also I thought I had the WW because when I purchased the truck it had the Banks stinger kit, also when Jody live tuned it he noticed no surge and thought it definitely had the WW. Well it doesn't. Now I have turbo surge. So WW or ATF ported housing? Or Both?

2002 F-350 CC LB Silver 10 inch lift on 38x13.50x20 Toyo MT's, Banks stinger kit, 4" exhaust, Intake, Big head waste gate, DP live tuned 12 pos chip, Transgo Shift kit, 6.0 trans cooler, 4 pod gauges. All work done at WOP
2003 Super air Nautique Team edition
SOLD 02 Ex Blk on Tan Limited. 7.3
SOLD 97 White F-350 CC 12 inch lift 38.5X15.50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
<-- GO BRONCOS

Re: AIH delete, DIY Tymar done. CCV? WW?

The big thing the CCV mod does is keep the IC boots from becoming saturated with oil. So, do it if you want, or not.

A WW will sometimes stop turbo surge, but the ATS housing always stops turbo surge. You don't need both, unless you like wasting $$$

Anthony

2002 F-350 SRW 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab, Auto, MBRP 4" T409 Turbo back, AFE Stage 2, Isspro gauges (Pyro, Boost, Trans), BTS VB, DP F-5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(No start, Modified Stock, 60T, 80E, 120race)

Democrats are tyrants.
Republicans are cowards.
Jesus Christ is our only hope!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
PSN Veteran

did you look in the intercooler boots or just in the intake?

For me the WW solved all my issues... some people it didn't and they went with the ATS.

Both is overkill...

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Custom Trailer Sales

Try the WW first its cheaper. Also like Layson said, check the IC boots for oil not the intake and after that it's still up to you if you want to do the CCV mod. It cleaned up my IC boots a lot.

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

If you already have all the stuff to do the ccv mod. you might as well change it, because more than likely you'll do it sooner or later.Why chance putting oil in the IC.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I would assume that trucks that are completely stock with over 500k on them didn't do the CCV. So I don't see the purpose. I took back the hose today so not doing the mod. There was a little oil in the IC pipes but not enough to worry me.

Thanks for the replies.

Who makes an ATS housing besides ATS. I remember them being out of stock.

2002 F-350 CC LB Silver 10 inch lift on 38x13.50x20 Toyo MT's, Banks stinger kit, 4" exhaust, Intake, Big head waste gate, DP live tuned 12 pos chip, Transgo Shift kit, 6.0 trans cooler, 4 pod gauges. All work done at WOP
2003 Super air Nautique Team edition
SOLD 02 Ex Blk on Tan Limited. 7.3
SOLD 97 White F-350 CC 12 inch lift 38.5X15.50
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 PM
<-- GO BRONCOS

Most of the sponsors on here carry the housings.

Anthony

2002 F-350 SRW 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab, Auto, MBRP 4" T409 Turbo back, AFE Stage 2, Isspro gauges (Pyro, Boost, Trans), BTS VB, DP F-5
(No start, Modified Stock, 60T, 80E, 120race)

Democrats are tyrants.
Republicans are cowards.
Jesus Christ is our only hope!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Village Idiot

both may actually loose performance.. but sounds wicked.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 PM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
both may actually loose performance.. but sounds wicked.
But lots of whistle.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I had the CCV re-routed on my old motor. When I installed the new one, I hooked it back up like stock, because I was sick of the oil fumes coming through my window everytime I rolled it down.

My thought is this, if every 30K I have to re-clean my I/C boots and tubes to keep the oil mess down and not smell the oil fumes, its worth it.

For $400+ they want for the ATS housing, I would look into a van turbo instead. I think there is one in the classifieds for less than $400. Then $100 for the adapter and you have a pretty good setup that should not surge, and is a little bit better than the stock turbo.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode