Hypertech power programer III - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Hypertech power programer III

Hello all,

New to the Ford diesel scene. Just picked up a 2001 F350 crew LWB 4x4. The truck came with a Hypertech programer III part #41012. The programer has only one level of tuning? There is no option for tow or performance tune and I can't tell the difference between stock and tuned. Does anybody know what the horsepower and torque gains are? Am I doing something wrong I answered all prompted questions and it told me that the truck was tuned. Thanks for all your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
A Ghost these days...

Re: Hypertech power programer III

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brokemedic View Post
Hello all,

New to the Ford diesel scene. Just picked up a 2001 F350 crew LWB 4x4. The truck came with a Hypertech programer III part #41012. The programer has only one level of tuning? There is no option for tow or performance tune and I can't tell the difference between stock and tuned. Does anybody know what the horsepower and torque gains are? Am I doing something wrong I answered all prompted questions and it told me that the truck was tuned. Thanks for all your input.

And you may need to de-tune your truck, and update your programmer via the internet. You should have 3 power levels, and definatly be able to tell the difference between tuned, and stock. Good Luck.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
PSN Veteran

I had a PPIII on my truck before and you should be able to tell a difference. You should have the options of Stage 1,2, or 3. When you first plug it in, it should check for codes, then ask "to tune vehicle, press Y. to return to stock, press N." Did you go through that step?

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:57 PM
28 cent #2

Years ago I had one in mine for a month only because i got it for 70 bucks. Felt like i had a tad more power and the shifting was worse than horrbile. Overdrive felt like you got hit in the back with a train. Needless to say i took it out in less than a month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode