Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

who does the best custom tuning for 7.3

27K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  Force 
#1 ·
who does the best custom tuning on a flipchip for a 7.3

#3 ·
:whs:

#6 ·
There's a bunch out there. I'm sure they're all good at what they do. Right now I'm running a ts chip with PHP tunes from kt performance. I'm pretty sure they're "canned tunes", but they are a huge improvement from the superchips 1700 tuner I had. I've been talking to the guys at Gearhead and am going to get a reburn from them. That's the best thing you can do, talk to the guys. I'm sure there are a ton of similarities in the tuning. The guys at Gearhead have just been good to deal with. They call right back and respond to emails. Good luck and enjoy.

#7 ·
I had TS chip with PHP tunes and huge improvement over TS tunes. I was going to get DP to burn the chip way back when but Jody told me he does/did not reburn TS chips. I've also heard great things about Gearhead and Tony Wildman is popular among the OBS guys. But I agree 100%, there is not best tuner out there.

#8 ·
I like PHP for smooth quite tunes. But i think the best actual live tune there is is DP. Jody is really the only one that actually live tunes and has the software to do so. thats of course my opinion. And without a true live tune tuners are really guessing on what will work.

#9 ·
To truly get live tuned your gonna need to take your truck to the tuner and spend some time dialing it in. Jody isn't the only one that does this or can do this.

I'm running the Hydra with PHP and Gearhead tunes. Love both of them.
I will say PHP's trans tuning is hard to beat.

#12 · (Edited)
:popcorn:

There are so many factors here. I have had tunes from Tony, Bob, Bill and Jody. All along the way they were great to deal with.

Currently, since 2008 actually, I have had Jody tune my truck. He is currently doing a retune as my new injectors were built a little more fat than the last set(50%) larger nozzles and it falls on its face when I whack the go peddle. I look forward to better drive ability very soon.

#13 ·
I’ve run DP, IDP, PHP, and GH custom tunes on my truck. All were good, but GH was the best IMO. Smooth, quiet, and clean with great shifting.

#16 ·
^^^^GH is where it's at if you want smooth, clean power. My 300/200s are cleaner than any other tunes I've run in the past.

#15 ·
Just installed FFD Hybrid 205/30s jectors and using Jelibult files to drive them. Very pleased, smooth linear power, great peddle input feel, not too smokey and clean up to a haze. Brian is great to deal with and prompt with service. Also had him send me files for 175/80s very smooth power and run well in the Hybrids too. Tuning has come a long ways with these engines, nice that vendors keep coming with refinements.

Nice you bring this back up Dan SDK_Performance..... ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.