seem to find all the ????? with no answers... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

seem to find all the ????? with no answers...

I have a 03 7.3 and I'm almost ready to pull the headliner then I got to thinking...... Will this thing come out without removing the front or rear window? Has anyone removed a headliner in the crew cab ? Any tips or tricks ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 02:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: seem to find all the ????? with no answers...

it will come out without removing the glass. the angle has to be right, and you take a chance on creasing it. if you remove the front seats, it will be alot easier.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 03:07 PM
PSN Newb

Yup just did it on a parts vehicle and like the last person said, it can be done but its very tight and the edges rub along the door sills plus you have to carefully bend it slightly to get it out. Removing the seats so you can adjust the angles of the headliner is a must.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok cool that was going to be the route I tried was the seats comin out. I just didn't want to get everything apart and have it hanging and still have to take more apart. Putting in my cab lights so I figured hell why not go ahead and redo the headliner while I'm at it. Already did the front and rear seats in green and black leather with piping. So time to do the headliner and trim pieces to finish it off. Thanks guys .
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Wound up taking both front and rear seats out to get the headliner out. What a pain in the ass!!! Needed to be done as I had to flip the rear seat brackets so my subs were not rubbing on the rear of my seat it Gaines me a couple inches which is really nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode