New Owner of a 7.3L - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

New Owner of a 7.3L

Hey guys,

I just purchased a 97 F250 and boy is she a beauty! Truck reads 205k, and has wear on her like a 50k mile truck. However, after the aesthetics she kinda becomes a mystery as to what she is and what kind of shape she's in. She is a single owner truck (until me) and was basically bought as a toy. She hauled a 5th wheel camper in the summer months and was garaged in the winter. She's got a Dana 60 front w/ solid front axle and a rebuilt (4.10) rear end. Rebuilt transmission with suncoast parts and a newer 03' motor in her with a bigger turbo added. She's got an aftermarket intercooler on the front... AND she has a propane injection system on her (gasp!) I've heard mostly bad things about propane but some good concerning mileage.. So that may or may not be removed, either way its not being used right now.

Awesome! Except I'm looking to add a tuner/ chip and I would like to know exactly what I have before I get one. Is there a way to tell the size of the turbo by simply looking at it? (markings, etc) Also, the engine says 1997 on top, so I'm wondering if it was possibly a crate motor? I know you guys don't magically know the history of my truck but I was hoping maybe you knew what to look for. I'm trying to make sure I have a solid foundation before I start throwing money in other places.. It's worth noting that the truck runs awesome, the turbo lag is a lot compared to my old 6.0 (definitely not a VGT turbo lol) but she likes to pulsate when the cruise is set. I only noticed it at 70-75 mph but I haven't checked any other speed, and it never happens when I'm using my foot.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0118[1].jpg (18.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0127[1].jpg (20.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0135[1].jpg (22.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0119[1].jpg (18.2 KB, 12 views)

1997 F-250 OBS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: New Owner of a 7.3L

P.S. sorry about the profile pic, douchebag username, and un upgraded garage info, it's been about 4 years since I was on here and a lot changes from 16- 20!

1997 F-250 OBS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode