Need help with choosing a chip - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Need help with choosing a chip

Since I got my injectors replaced in my truck my truck runs at a very high idle 24/7. I was told by the shop that put them in that I would need a chip to program my truck from a double shot injector to single shot. I've looked into chips like the TS and DP and am at a draw. Both seem subtle enough for a good chip but TS is only 6 pos and the DP is 16 pos. I would like some guidance or at least some opinions on what yall think about the two or even a different one?

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 with a 4inch leveling kit on 35s.
I have a 4inch turboback 4inch exhaust. I have a garrett gtp38r. Fully built trans with heavy duty shift disc plates and torque converter. AFE intake manifold with stage 7 AFE intake. 2 Optima red batteries. Brand new starter with altenator no brand just OEM. Single shot Stage 2 injectors swamps 200/200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 03:41 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Need help with choosing a chip

Check out the hydra chip from Power Hungry Performance. I love mine!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 AM
PSN Veteran

A buddy of mine is trying to get me to switch to a hydra...what is so great about them over a DP f5?

99 F350 reg cab
238/80 inj.
diesel site CPRx fuel system
High pressure crossover
TN ball bearing charger
ARP studs
AFE stage 2 intake
DP tuner F5
4" down pipe
5" miter cut stacks
PI convertor,bullydog shift kit, deep pan
modded 17* by terminator

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 10:51 AM
the stryker god

Anyone can tune a hydra and the tunes can be emailed to you. Since you have swamps 200/200's I'd prolly just get swamps tunes on either a ts or hydra platform
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I've herd great things from Tony Wildman tunes that they're great especially for the 7.3s. I haven't really seen anything about swamps tunes. And DP f5 is switch on the fly but you have to go to a shop or send it in to get your tunes put onto it. The f6 tho is the one where you can get tunes emailed to you and load them up yourself with your own computer. The f6 and PHP hydra are similarly the same for uploading tunes yourself but other than that I don't know about the tunes. I've called around a few diesel shops and asked about the TS they said they prefer it but not TS tunes... I like the the 16 pos availability of the DP and I know the PHP has up to 17 pos.

I want to get some specific tunes or custom for daily, economy, tow, heavy tow, street, hi idle, drive thru, smoke less, extreme. Somewhere in those boundaries.

Last edited by 7Point3.; 07-24-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add more
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 04:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Point3. View Post
Since I got my injectors replaced in my truck my truck runs at a very high idle 24/7. I was told by the shop that put them in that I would need a chip to program my truck from a double shot injector to single shot. I've looked into chips like the TS and DP and am at a draw. Both seem subtle enough for a good chip but TS is only 6 pos and the DP is 16 pos. I would like some guidance or at least some opinions on what yall think about the two or even a different one?

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 with a 4inch leveling kit on 35s.
I have a 4inch turboback 4inch exhaust. I have a garrett gtp38r. Fully built trans with heavy duty shift disc plates and torque converter. AFE intake manifold with stage 7 AFE intake. 2 Optima red batteries. Brand new starter with altenator no brand just OEM. Single shot Stage 2 injectors swamps 200/200.

7point3,

If you choose to use us for your tuning we have newly designed our F6 v2 chip. It is updated to a Bluetooth option and is OPEN SOURCE now so are able to use any tuner of your choice as well. Our orginal F6 came out in 2008 and we are the first to offer a chip with a built on chip burner so you don't have to remove the chip to program it. Now it can be done wireless.

If you have any questions about your tuning let us know. We can tune for all modifications you have done.

~Diane
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 04:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Just put the f6 v2 (had f5 for years) in my truck this past week, I personally dont like the hardware quality of the hydra and not to mention all the problems I read about associated with downloading tunes and what not... The f6 gets my vote, as for tunes, i like Jody's tunes, powerful, low egts and SMOKE FREE. i mean you really gotta lug it to make it smoke, but I also like that now I can use others to compare to them, and best yet I never have to remove the chip and I still get the better hardware. Dp-tuner is good people and have great customer service. Which ever you decide to go with I'm sure youll be happy

-06 CCLB 6.0, studs, heads reworked, studs, dummy plugs, stand pipe, updated stc fitting, egr delete, 6.4 banjos, blue spring, New oil cooler, 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney Wild, 4 inch exhaust
SOLD-1996 f250 4x4, ZF5 with BASB and 175/100s
-2002 F250 4x4, auto, ECLB, CAI, CCV mod, Dp-Tuner, air heater delete, 4"dp, billet 38R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode