diamond eye exhaust install - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

diamond eye exhaust install

Iam having problems getting the hangars to fit right the one behind the cross member hangs down and is not long enough and the next one back hangs down to cant move the pipe up anymore or it hits the heat shield.Anyone else have this problem with these kits.I am installing it on a 2002 f350 xcab longbed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 PM
International Coal Roller

Re: diamond eye exhaust install

I had to swap my hangers around went I put mine in, try that.

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks, I got it all together today the hangers still hang a little down, had a friend look at it he said his where the same way and has not had a problem.You would think diamond eye would have enough complaints about this and fix it.Other than the hangers everything fit perfect and sounds good,took alitttle bit to get the tailpipe adjusted just right to miss the shock and the spare tire.Looks good now and everything is tite and no leaks.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:07 AM
Kris

I haven't heard of any issues with the Diamond Eye setup. I helped a friend install one on his Cummins and it fit like a dream. I plan to buy one for my Crew Cab soon.

2000 F-350 4x4, 7.3L/6 Speed.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 03:57 PM
There can be only one

I had the same problem with mine. I ended up putting the smaller piece (the one I had to cut) on the down pipe and then it worked out but yeah it was a pain and the instructions sucked.

2002 F250 CCSB 7.3L
AFE Stage 2, Muffler delete, Zone Offroad Nitros, dual SS,305/55/20 Trail Graps, SSBC brakes, TS Wildman, Autometer gauges, 6.5" Lift, '11 TG step/camera, Pioneer AV4400BTH, International Badges
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 PM
International Coal Roller

Mines a CCLB, so I needed all the parts supplied, I will say that while the pipe doesn't rust, the clamps sure do

02 250 CCLB, 6 spd, PHP Phoenix, ISSPROs, AFE/6637 intake, 4" DE straight exhaust, WW, coolant filter with ELC, AIH delete, ebpv delete, bellowed uppies, 4" on 35's and racelines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I didnt like the u bolt clamps they give you so i bought some stainless band clamps from a local dealer they worked real good and look good to. I called diamond eye they where real helpful and emailed me some pictures.There pipe hangars where hanging straight idont know how they did it.the best information they gave me was the outside bend of the first pipe goes towards the driveshaft.The instructions dont tell you anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode