E99 xle4 pcm swap ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
E99 F350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat

E99 xle4 pcm swap ?

Hi everyone I have a e99 f350 cc lb 4x4 lariat. it currently has a xle4 pcm I have read a lot of forums where people say its good to upgrade to a newer pcm. I have been told buy a few tuner companies to look for a dpc-422 family anyone will work since a nvk style can be flashed to a pmt style.

My question is it worth it to put a nvk5 in my truck. I have found one for 100.00 and was thinking about adding it for the near fact that it will allow for the cruise control light to come on. my truck is a 7/98 build date.

Will the pcm swap cause any check engine light issues or any other issues most people say they are plug and play swaps at least that's what ther post say. will it hurt my truck since I don't have aih. will it cause the pcm to over fuel or other issues since it will set soft codes?

I currently have a php hydra and was planning on just downloading the tunes from php website for the pmt1 tunes. seeing how most recommend them. what is everyones opinions and what are the pros vs cons.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 02:15 PM
PSN Newb

Re: E99 xle4 pcm swap ?

I switched mine to a nvk3 for the simple fact that there is more tuning options for the Dpc-422. Plus I didn't like php's shifting for the xle4. The change is as simple as plug and play. It will set a soft code for AIH but it's no big deal. Also I don't get the cruise control light, some trucks have the light and some don't. Mine is one that doesn't.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

E99 SCSB AFE stage 2, 4" turbo back exhaust, 140 v IDM mod, Hutch and Harpoon, DP tuner, Gauges, Firestone Air bags, 305 BFG all terrains, 08 rear diff cover.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Village Idiot

Re: E99 xle4 pcm swap ?

I switched to a pmt3 no cel light on cruise works.......but a scan at oreilly did find a missing aih code.
my simple ob2 reader never found it.

Idle and tranny shifts improved without the chip.
at 100 I would go for it...all else sell it for more.

You will need to flash back to stock if you use a flash tuner so you can load the new pcm. Or if your chipped you will need a reburn for the new pcm code.

Also while most e99 will work some dont have the cruise bulb..
...I have never seen one that didnt but was mentioned to me before

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode