Help!!! Dash abs light stays on! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Question Help!!! Dash abs light stays on!

My ABS light on my dash comes on frequently. Mostly when it's low on fluid cuz I know I have a leak. But sometimes been when it's full it'll come on. My brakes act fine and the pedal is fine. It has a leak up towards the master cylinder. I painted my whole under carriage (axles, suspension, steering... The works) and noticed it when the paint on my driver side leaf spring started bubbling and pealing off. Right then I knew it was brake fluid cuz the paint and the location. The problem is though all the fittings are tight and don't appear to be leaking but this wire connector going to the master cylinder has fluid all over it. But it's just an electrical fitting not a fluid fitting!!! What's my problem!?!?!!?! My email is [email protected] and my cell is 509-350-9098. If anybody knows please help ASAP! I take care of my paralyzed amputee Retired U.S.M.C. Vietnam Veteran dad and go to doctors appointments very often and need my vehicle mobile at all times in case an emergency but am also unemployed at the moment due the time needed to take care of his needs and am. Dry mechanically inclined but that's mostly with older vehicles (muscles cars and 70's Ford 4x4's and Jeeps) I hate working on the newer stuff but love diesels and won't ever go without one and am learning a lot as time progresses so please throw whatever at me that you have. Thank you, God bless and Support America!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Terminator Nation

Re: Help!!! Dash abs light stays on!

Is the switch mounted on the master cylinder? If so, there is a factory recall on the master cylinder cruise control pressure switch. This switch turns off the cruise control when the brakes are used. The dealer replaces it for free with an updated one.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 12:56 AM
PSN Local

Could also be your ABS sensors (3). Most likely its the back one on top of the rear diff. Clean them up and re-install. see if that works. If not i think there is a way to test them but youd have to do a search on that subject. If their bad replace them. Other 2 are on each front wheel behind the brake guards on top of hubs. good luck.

2002 F-350, S&B intake, 38R tubro w/ wwII, EBV delete, CFM manifold, Spearco i/c, Adrenaline HPOP, Casserly stage I AC injectors , ITP Reg. return, DI Headers, hutch fuel mod, Cooling mist stg. 3, 4" MBRP Exhaust, transflow 46 and 40 gal fuel tanks/tool chest, Tunes by GAP, 4" pc lift, 22" Tis 534 wheels w/37"x 13.5" Dakar MT's, 4.30 gears

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Village Idiot

If your hubs are shot the play can trip a light.
jack up the front tires one side at a time and see if there is play.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode