turbo question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
mech 1

turbo question

Here what going on set the turbo actuator and installed the overboost fooler and at fool boost getting thirty pounds with no service light on but this is where my question comes in. I put a wicked wheel on the turbo when i rebuilt it.the boost seems to be say on the big end by about 85% so what im asking with the 200cc injectors and after market cam does it magnify the Turbo lag and send it all or most to the big end and could it infact help me spread the boost over a wider power band by installing the factory wheel on it.It seems to sift first to second very little boost then second to third little boost but when it gets to third its like getting hit in the ass by a big rig it hits thirty pounds instantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 01:00 PM
the stryker god

Re: turbo question

You need to get the tunin tweaked. Also it don't matter what you do to that stock turbo, its never gonna last.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
mech 1

thanks ill keep that under advisement but it doesnt answer the question will the stock wheel boost more at a lower rpm than the wicked wheel it will be tuned in when find this out my egts are great my high end power is unbeleivable my low end is pretty good just looking to balance the low and high end a little more so ill get it their figured some one would know about this guess ill pull the turbo and hang one the ill have my answer

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:38 PM
the stryker god

Tuning will help more with power down low than turbo wheel swaps. Most tunes are written with less fuel at low rpm to reduce smoke. The wicked wheel does flow less than s stock wheel though.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
mech 1

thats just it I have plent of fuel on the low end because it has plenty of smoke and then when it starts spooling up the smoke backs off a bit
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
mech 1

I use a crystal and specialty regulator to check th actuator it started opening at 4 psi the i adjusted it to open at twenty before the adjustment it would cover the freeway with black smoke now it still smokes just covers half the freeway so im on the right track just was wondering about the wheel and you did answer that my suspicion are correct so just maybe a stock wheel will put me were i want to be if i get what i want with this stock then Ill know what i need when i get the upgrade see were im going with this they make a nice garret ball bearing turbo that would probable do nicely but i think they put a wicked wheel on it which i probably wont need and i really dont want to buy two or three turbos to get the one that works like i want it too
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 04:18 PM
the stryker god

38r would be a good turbo for those injectors
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
mech 1

thats what im shooting for but want to make sure that the wheel is causeing this which i was pretty sure it was and well i wanted a second opion so thanks ill make some calls and get a stock wheel or a higher flow wheel and try it. It spins fine just seems like its got to spin a lot faster to make boost and when it does start making boost it all of a sudden once i figure this out then ill place my order for the new turbo.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 05:28 PM
POWER Junkie

Are you running the original WW or the billet wheel?

2003 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Forged
Irate T4 BASB, DIY Tymar, Full Force 180/80's, Adrenaline HPOP, Driven Diesel RR & banjos, Magnaflow TBE, GH tuned Hydra, 05 Harley's w/ HID conversion, Edge Insight CTS2, RiffRaff BRV & coolant filter, 20" Black Moto Metal, Dieselsite boots, JLR valve body, 6.0 trans cooler, ARP's
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
mech 1

billet wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode