What Goose-Hitch Friendly Air Bags???? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What Goose-Hitch Friendly Air Bags????

Well I changed my mind to get away from the add-a-leaf for the rear and go ahead and buy a set of bags before I leave this next trip. Springs are nice and soft from the goose pounding away all spring, so I wanted to ask you all what you suggest. I do not need some crazy set of high end bags and it would be nice to push up 1000-1500 lbs of pin weight an inch or two to level it out. I went on to firestones website and they have the 2071 rear bags. I have no need for a compressor. I assume these will fit just fine, considering I have not measured for the 7.5Ē of clearance.

My dilemma is my Drop in lock Goose hitch wraps around the frame rail on the outside similar to a B&W. Who has a kit that works with a goose hitch? Do you have a part number? I really donít want to fab my own set since I have very limited time, but It would be very easy to do a cutout for the goose and simply weld a few beads to it, not the frameÖ However if Iím buying a kit Iíd rather not cut it up. Anybody who typically needs to run bags is probably more than likely have a goose hitch in the truck, and I couldnít imagine Firestone not making a kit that isnít goose friendlyÖ.

Anyways Iím asking you all what you suggest??? Come on I know there is a grip of you running them on hereÖ.

96 F250 CCSB, D60 SAS, 460, E40D, 3:55's, D-Thorleys
Sold the supercharged 547, 12V cummins twin swap in process
97 SCLB 7.3 PSD ZF5, 4:10'S, DP tuner, 6637, 4" Straight, EBPV delete, CCV delete, 3" plenums w 6.0 IC/ Rosewood stage 1's/waterinjection/ T500 ARPs, springs, rods and a 366 in process
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 02:21 PM
PSN Newb

Re: What Goose-Hitch Friendly Air Bags????

I have the firestone kit and a b&w. Just get the kit that replaces the bump stops and mounts inboard of the leafs
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltoney View Post
I have the firestone kit and a b&w. Just get the kit that replaces the bump stops and mounts inboard of the leafs
Link??

Blk 2003 7.3L 250 crew cab basically stock. Installed boost, pyro, and trans temp gauges, 6637 Air Filter and AIH to install boost line.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 07:37 PM
slow learner

Send a message via MSN to Jbolen323 Send a message via Skype™ to Jbolen323

b&w is the only way to go for hauling.

2002 built forged7.3 350/200%| t4 w s468 | gearhead| BTS trans | 20* MB hpop| 6.4 conversion | 05 axle + 4link |PMF susp|

e1999 Tow pig 7.3 FF 160/100 | t4 w BASB Bell turbo | gearhead | adrenaline hpop| John woods Race trans|300k|

2003 ccsb stock 52k original owner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode