suspension - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

suspension

Okay so i switched to a 02 f250 7.3 recently, my old truck i still have is an 06 f150, I am wondering what upgrades people have done , I was thinking of throwing on some coil overs, but not sure, i just know when i drive offroad the ride is WAY bumpy also I have a 4 inch leveling kit, or so I was told by the PO so not sure what size shocks to go with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Power Joke

Re: suspension

Well I think what you should start off with is getting it straight piped, you will be very pleased, as long with getting an air intake(I prefer riffraff) it's a place to start and you will be happy with the results, and if you are getting coilovers are you planning on dropping it
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i like where it sits so i didnt plan on dropping it, i was wondering if i should look for a set of "factory" replacement shocks, and then add 4 inches to the length?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_POWERSTROKE View Post
Well I think what you should start off with is getting it straight piped, you will be very pleased, as long with getting an air intake(I prefer riffraff) it's a place to start and you will be happy with the results, and if you are getting coilovers are you planning on dropping it
!? The title of his thread is "suspension" and you mention "straight piped" and an "air intake"....

OP, if you have a 02 and you want coil overs you'll have to convert your suspension to the 05+ or go w/ either a full traction or a custom setup. '

If you're that gung-ho about it, do some research. There are plenty of threads in several sub-forums and other websites about doing the conversions. It's not cheap to do right regardless of which route you go.

"New" 05 no payment, all original 305k and runs like a champ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode