97 international project - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

97 international project

I know these internationals have a "7.3" in them with a few things different from the regular powerstroke. I believe the idm, cam, turbo, hpop, and injector nozzles are the only differences?? If someone could clarify that for me that would be sweet.

Also next thing is going to be what all aftermarket stuff could I use from a powerstroke? Obviously I can use any turbo as long as I redo the up pipes... But as far as hpop and injectors??? Don't really know if I can just swap in some swamps or if I have to diy it... Also for tunning, obviously with a 9 pin a programmer is out of the question. Is there any options minus sending out the pcm to be hard tuned? Need to get the speed limiter turned off as well as maybe some more fuel =)

Other project is going to have to be gears...... 573 gears and max speed of 63 at 2800rpms was not a fun drive for 6 hours to bring this bad boy home. Just want to make it cruise not looking to do anything stupid with it. It does have a dodge bed on it and 4 door painted bright school bus yellow. Putting air ride seats and carpet in it. Put a system in it. Its one hell of a attention getter, just looking to make it a fun weekend driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode