EBPV delete? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

EBPV delete?

i know that if you live in a warm climate you dont necessarily need the ebpv but does deleting it really cause any change in performance at all? i live in jersey so dont necessarily need it but will deleting it make any difference in any way?

1995 ECLB Dually
U.S.Gear gear vendor high/low range, U.S.Gear exhaust brake, Air lift, tymar 3-3.5-4in DP diamond eye dual 4in exhaust AFE big boost, Hadley air horns banks 3hole punch dash mount egt trans boost, riffraff boots. ww2 1.0 housing ebpv delete ATS intercooler mishimoto radiator waiting to install
DirtyJerseyDiesels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 PM
the stryker god

Re: EBPV delete?

If it ain't there it can't fuk up.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Luddite in Charge

The solenoid that controls the valve can't leak and annoy you with spots of oil everywhere you park.

You get the slightest decrease in EGTs but not much.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Terminator Nation

I'm of the school that every little bit helps.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

so other than not having another thing to worry about it doesnt really make much difference in anything?

1995 ECLB Dually
U.S.Gear gear vendor high/low range, U.S.Gear exhaust brake, Air lift, tymar 3-3.5-4in DP diamond eye dual 4in exhaust AFE big boost, Hadley air horns banks 3hole punch dash mount egt trans boost, riffraff boots. ww2 1.0 housing ebpv delete ATS intercooler mishimoto radiator waiting to install
DirtyJerseyDiesels
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Luddite in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man dave View Post
I'm of the school that every little bit helps.

If it hasn't started leaking it's eventually going to leak. The Ford rebuild kit is $200 and change for that solenoid. To gut the thing and be done, you're looking at about $5 worth of pedestal o-rings, a $0.73 3/4" freezeout plug to block off where the valve butterfly rod used to go (exhaust side of turbo), a $0.50 1/4" brass pipe plug (in the pedestal), and a half cent worth of teflon tape for that plug. If you read a bunch of opinions and get cold feet thinking the oil flow will somehow get f-ed up and really want to do it right, buy the Garrett EBP-delete pedestal from dieselsite for $108 plus shipping... They give you a set of o-rings but they're not the yellow Viton OEM so I throw them away, but they're an option at least.

And no, other than not having another oil leak to worry about, you won't notice it's gone unless you have a tuner on it. I have an Edge on one of my EGR deleted 7.3's and I *think* EGTs dropped 20-50 degrees, but that could be a half dozen other parameters effecting that... Including ambient temp, heating oil to low sulfur highway fuel, oomph on the go pedal, on and on.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

alright cool thanks man, i think eventually i might actually delete it, whats it about an hour an a half job?

1995 ECLB Dually
DirtyJerseyDiesels
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Luddite in Charge

How many times have you pulled the turbo off a 7.3? If it's your first time, get a 30 pack and start in the morning. It's not hard... All the BS has to come off first tho. Intercooler lines, airbox/intake plastics, spider, expect to break at least one v-band clamp on either the downpipe or the uppipes ($20-$30 each), pissant vacuum lines and useless manifold heater electrics, ummm..... Someone else help out here...

Anyway, once you get all that out of the way, it's only 2 13mm bolts to take the turbo off then 4 10mm to get the pedestal with that junk solenoid off.

Have fun with the v-band clamps. Especially on the up-pipe collector. Sorry, but we've all been there. Proactive prep for next time, when you put the new ones on (at least one will be new) be sure to paint the 'v' groove with anti seize or copper slip, it'll prevent what you're about to go thru.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Village Idiot

The clamp on the uppipe collector was extra special on mine.
pb blaster worked on the bolts and other clamps.
I used my palm nailer and gave it a qick buzz.....popped right off after that.
I would imagin one of thos small air hammers that are super cheap would do the same.

Getting it back on with the uppipes loose was a pain as well.
least on the e99.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks, I think I'll do it when I replace my Turbo housing an Start installing the intercooler, thanks for the help guys

1995 ECLB Dually
DirtyJerseyDiesels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode