Swamps Stage 2 Split Shots - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Swamps Stage 2 Split Shots

Hey has any body run the swamps stage 2 split shots? If so what'd you think.

Aside from you being able to run just fine without tunes, is there any real advantages or disadvantages when compared to like a similar-ish sized single shot, like a 160/100?

2000 F350 7.3 6spd 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 PM
7.3L strokin'

Re: Swamps Stage 2 Split Shots

I would like to know the same!

Lane Hahn
02 F350 super cab 6spd DRW 2wd.
straight pipe exhaust w/ 8" rolled tip
6637 intake
bellowed up-pipes
Hutch mod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:04 PM
the stryker god

They oil hungry. I don't know why anyone would run them.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Diesel View Post
Hey has any body run the swamps stage 2 split shots? If so what'd you think.

Aside from you being able to run just fine without tunes, is there any real advantages or disadvantages when compared to like a similar-ish sized single shot, like a 160/100?
Quote:
They oil hungry. I don't know why anyone would run them.
our Stage 2 splits don't require any more HPOil than a stock AD injector..however...split shot injectors do require more HPOil than an equivalently sized single shot.

Regardless, the maximum HPOil volume required to 'empty' any injector is only going to be an issue IF you are in a race/extreme type chip program/tune...annnnnnd you(re right foot is) requesting full fuel of the injector.

Prior to selling this injector, I personally drove & tuned our Stage2 splits...and was actually pleasantly surprised at A) how quiet they were and B) how well they ran and C) how well they ran with no tune or programming at all.

An injector similar to our Stage 2 splits would actually be a stage 1 single sot (our AC's, or our 175/146 singles); the 'whole reason' for the Stage2 split injector is the market requested an injector that would work without custom tuning/programming.

There are a lot of guys/girls out there that just simply want or had already purchased an off the shelf chip or programmer (or no chip at all)...

so the slightly higher price of the single shot injectors...coupled with the added expense of a custom tuned chip...coupled with the financial loss with having to ditch their 'off the shelf' chip/programmer...simply make the Stage2 split shot injectors a viable option for a large portion of this community.

Is it my favorite or the most powerful injector? no, nor is it manufactured or marketed to be.

Is it an injector that you can literally toss into an otherwise bone stock truck and roll on down the highway? yes...absolutely.

We would not sell, manufacture, or even offer an injector that wasn't 'good & reliable'...or at least offer some advantage compared to 'stock'...

it's not a 'hot rod' injector..it's simply a good option for someone who wants 'more than stock'..but doesn't want to dik with custom tuning. No more, no less.

Personally, I much rather prefer the efficiency of our 175/146 single shot injectors (as a close comparison to the Stage2 splits)...the peak power is going to be almost identical (with a chip maxed out)...but there are guys/girls out there that need an injector to work with their XYZ brand tuner...or no tuner at all.

The 160/100 injector we build, referenced earlier, is capable of much more peak power, but will absolutely require custom chip tuning. But then..we can go & compare a 200/30 to a 160/100..etc, etc, etc...200's actually using less HPOil than a 160/100 non-hybrid, much smaller nozzle for efficiency in a non-race tune.

that's why we make more than 'one' injector, and why we try to take time to explain the benefits & compromises of each.

generally, injector choice boils down to a customers' application...not so much peak power, in a race tune...with their foot to the floor.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 05:48 AM
Village Idiot

Flash pcm to base tune for singles. Run with a chip or run without.

That said i am sure they will pick up any stock trucks pace.
i have even seen guys running split bcodes....any injector you can think of is probably out there.
just have to narrow the search down to what works for the budget and parts you have to work with.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Great! thanks for all the advice!!! Wanna do injectors sometime in the near future. Just gotta spend some more time figuring out what I really want!

I'm college student on a limited budget, and wouldn't mind gettin some extra get up an go from my truck., without dumping a ton more money into my truck, or making it worse for daily driving.

2000 F350 7.3 6spd 4x4
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

definitely liking the what i see with the 175/146's, especially with the free chip reprogramming, not to mention they have one heck of a warranty!

2000 F350 7.3 6spd 4x4
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 01:39 AM
PSN Newb

just got my single shots from swamps , will install them this weekend

2001/05ish f250 Lariat 4x4 automatic,Airaid intake,IH bellowed pipes,4 inch exhaust, FRx, HPx line crossover,custom paint,4 tan bucketsí covered in dead cow skin,wood dash & trim, gauges,elc trans cooler,Custom door sill lights (light up ground when door opens) Lots of sound deadening, other than that pretty much stock
Russell
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

sweet! let me know how u like em! Which ones?

2000 F350 7.3 6spd 4x4
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 01:49 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Diesel View Post
sweet! let me know how u like em! Which ones?
175/146 Single Shot with their 6 position chip.
hope to install this weekend, I will let you know how they do.
I do want more power, but drivability is more important to me, so we will see.

2001/05ish f250 Lariat 4x4 automatic,Airaid intake,IH bellowed pipes,4 inch exhaust, FRx, HPx line crossover,custom paint,4 tan bucketsí covered in dead cow skin,wood dash & trim, gauges,elc trans cooler,Custom door sill lights (light up ground when door opens) Lots of sound deadening, other than that pretty much stock
Russell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode