advise in turbo wheel, pedestal, waste gate - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

advise in turbo wheel, pedestal, waste gate

I got the up-pipes on there way, be here Saturday, and what to get stuff ordered for turbo, not sure what wheel to get, riffraff billet, ww1, ww2, deleted pedestal, and if I should do anything with waste gate,
also gonna order turbo back exhaust. According to local smog guy, any pre 04 with out catalytic converter there are NO restrictions on exhaust (in California) I guess you can legally run stacks, so my question, I was gonna go 4" but with no restrictions 5" would be the logical choose right? is the 5" much loader than 4", I think Im still gonna run muffler, I live in a quest neighborhood and I have remote start on truck so I don't want to piss-off neighbors with an ever loader truck, while it sits out there warming up.

my main concern right now is the turbo stuff, Ive read good and bad about riffraff, so far he has been very helpful, so any suggestions, thx

thank you for your help, jeremy

99 F250 4x4SD CC SB
stage 1 injectors
6 stage TS chip
6.0 trans cooler-#1 mod for 99 if towing
billet Torque converter
Dorman bellowed up-pipes-installing this weekend
AIH delete,snowman mod,pillar gauges-boost/egt's/trans temp,ICON leveling kit front/blocks rear,Bilstein shocks,6.0 grill,towing mirrors from 06,35" tires on 18's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 12:22 AM
PSN Local

Re: advise in turbo wheel, pedestal, waste gate

Gotta say I love my RR wheel. and do a 360 thrust bearing upgrade. some people would say ditch the ebpv but that is totally up to you. I kept mine just saving the money to do a h2e setup soon. wastegates don't really go bad and since your running a stock turbo I would just leave it be.

E99 F-250 Mfd Jan 98, 6637, 6fin billet comp wheel, from riffraff.com, stage I & II ebp delete, 86ed, ScanGauge II, TJM bull bar, bosch field burners, 4" downpipe 4" single stack, Hutch n Harpoon Mod, galaxy dx 44v, PHP Hyrda

E99, F350 CCLB, DRW, RR comp wheel, Superchip 1705, couple other mods

chris
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

if im getting out leaking out of ebpv, is the a rebuild kit or seals to replace, I sent some pics to RR and he is the one that the oil leak is probably coming from ebpv so do a delete ped, from what I read it looks like its more important in very cold weather, I dont know

99 F250 4x4SD CC SB
stage 1 injectors
6 stage TS chip
6.0 trans cooler-#1 mod for 99 if towing
billet Torque converter
Dorman bellowed up-pipes-installing this weekend
AIH delete,snowman mod,pillar gauges-boost/egt's/trans temp,ICON leveling kit front/blocks rear,Bilstein shocks,6.0 grill,towing mirrors from 06,35" tires on 18's

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 AM
PSN Local

The rr wheel worked out well for my truck..

E99 f250 2wd cclb,257k, tymar intake, stock turbo w/ riffraff billet wheel, PIS 230/100,regulated return, hbjr, pmt1, hydra w/dynoproven and powerstruck tunes, 140v Idm, 4" exhuast, isspro's, ccv, ebpv delete, jwvb w/6.0 cooler
Coming soon: BASB
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 01:27 PM
PSN Local

If the ebpv is leaking bad I would go ahead an delete it.

E99 F-250 Mfd Jan 98, 6637, 6fin billet comp wheel, from riffraff.com, stage I & II ebp delete, 86ed, ScanGauge II, TJM bull bar, bosch field burners, 4" downpipe 4" single stack, Hutch n Harpoon Mod, galaxy dx 44v, PHP Hyrda

E99, F350 CCLB, DRW, RR comp wheel, Superchip 1705, couple other mods

chris
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 01:50 PM
the stryker god

I would buy a 38r or brute66 and diy delete the pedestal and ebpv
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremys View Post
I got the up-pipes on there way, be here Saturday, and what to get stuff ordered for turbo, not sure what wheel to get, riffraff billet, ww1, ww2, deleted pedestal, and if I should do anything with waste gate,
also gonna order turbo back exhaust. According to local smog guy, any pre 04 with out catalytic converter there are NO restrictions on exhaust (in California) I guess you can legally run stacks, so my question, I was gonna go 4" but with no restrictions 5" would be the logical choose right? is the 5" much loader than 4", I think Im still gonna run muffler, I live in a quest neighborhood and I have remote start on truck so I don't want to piss-off neighbors with an ever loader truck, while it sits out there warming up.

my main concern right now is the turbo stuff, Ive read good and bad about riffraff, so far he has been very helpful, so any suggestions, thx

thank you for your help, jeremy

What have you heard as far as bad reports on RiffRaff's wheel? My only complaint with it was increased noise but an AIS intake took care of that. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy his billet wheel.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't go 5" either. You would need to be making a lot more HP before that ever becomes necessary. Every 5" system I have heard is noticeably louder than 4" even with a muffler.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Goneracin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
I would buy a 38r or brute66 and diy delete the pedestal and ebpv
Isnt a 38r somewhere around $1400? vs $300 for a wheel and rebuild kit. Im just not understanding how that is comparing apples to apples with an $1100 price difference. I could very well be missing something here, so please educate me.

2001 F-250 7.3L auto

Suspension stuff, engine stuff, reliability stuff...
Some other stuff I'm forgetting...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 PM
the stryker god

Its 1400 for a real performance upgrade, with warranty, not a stock turbo. Pretty simple, spendin money on a stock turbo is a waste because all it'll ever be is stock. Plus they have 66mm drop ins these days with journal bearings so they're rebuildable and and cheaper than a 38r. He has stage 1's, and a 66mm goes really well with 160's
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Goneracin

with injectors I agree, he will actually be able to use that turbo. I was getting the impression you were finding them for much less somewhere. For me a slight improvement over stock was all I needed so the wheel and rebuild worked out great.

2001 F-250 7.3L auto

Suspension stuff, engine stuff, reliability stuff...
Some other stuff I'm forgetting...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode