Transmission questions... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Transmission questions...

Hey guys how's it going? Just made an account on here... I picked up a 96 F250 crew cab short bed, 2wd, e4od trans, paid 1200$ for it, its got 283000 miles on it but runs great, ive had it for 6 weeks and have already put about 5000 miles on it as well as towed alot of things,

Now for the reason of this thread, the trans is shifting really hard into gears, and if i get on it from a stop itll shift the first 2 gears fine then shift really quick into the next gear at low rpms even when im still on it... occasionally ill get in it and put it in reverse and it will stall out even if im not on the brake... so i have a filter for it and am gonna do the fluid on it (who knows if its ever been done).

I had a 93 F150 with a 5.0 and a built E4OD in it only had 9000 miles on a fresh build, upgraded sprags, alot of C6 upgraded parts, upgraded valve body, shift kit and all. My question is i can get this trans back from my buddy for 150$ with blown input shaft, will this trans work for my 7.3? What are the differences between the 2?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Transmission questions...

And just realized this went under 99-current instead of 94-97... my bad...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
mech 1

check the transmition fluid is the light on the shifter on

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Bobs 7.3

Im 99% certain a gasser trans is different then a diesel. I know the 4r100 is anyhow but Id do a fluid and filter change and flush it out threw the return line to get all the old fluid out and see what it does as the fluid can be getting wore out. Use good quality fluid as I used mobil 1 full syn and that was 10,000 miles ago in my 02 (different tranny) but that fluid still looks as good as the day I put it in and no problems even at 192,000 miles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode