RiffRaff billet wheel and Barder Turbo 360 thrust bearing upgrade. Well worth it! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Goneracin
RiffRaff billet wheel and Barder Turbo 360 thrust bearing upgrade. Well worth it!

This weekend I rebuilt the stock turbo with the Barder Turbo Service 360 thrust bearing rebuild kit, and RiffRaff billet compressor wheel. All I can say is HOLY CRAP what a difference!!! much lover EGTs, much quicker spool up, great turbo whistle, and even a few more pounds of boost. What an awesome product

Just thought I would share the experience

2001 F-250 7.3L auto

Suspension stuff, engine stuff, reliability stuff...
Some other stuff I'm forgetting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:48 PM
PSN Local

Re: RiffRaff billet wheel and Barder Turbo 360 thrust bearing upgrade. Well worth it!

Thanks for the update! Good to hear that it was worth it. I was following your dieselsite vs riffraff wheel thread because im about to do the exact same thing. Keep us posted.

Not to start it up again, but where (if noticable at all) did you feel the most improvement? low, mid, top end or just all around made the truck feel better?

Also, how hard was the 360 kit? any special tools?

E99 with 99.5 motor 7.3 (from factory) ZF6 Ext Cab/ Long Bed. 6637 mod. MBRP 4". Auto Meter Ultra Lite II Pyro/Boost. PHP Hydra. Leveled on 35" BFG A/T's.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Goneracin
Re: RiffRaff billet wheel and Barder Turbo 360 thrust bearing upgrade. Well worth it!

The toughest part was removing the turbo. If you follow the riffraff instructions its pretty easy. the barder turbo service kit came with an additional instruction on the 360 kit. All done by hand, nothing special at all.

As for improvement, my main concern was lowering EGT and quicker spool up. The wheel did both. Due to me not having re-geared the truck for the 37s, this low end spool up was a HUGE improvement. I'm not much of a light to light or full throttle driver so I havent seen anything at the top yet, but I did hit over 27psi and I wasn't even full throttle.

2001 F-250 7.3L auto

Suspension stuff, engine stuff, reliability stuff...
Some other stuff I'm forgetting...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode