Wheel rubbing issue?! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Still learnin!

Wheel rubbing issue?!

I have a 2001 f250 with the stock 16x7 lariat wheels with BFG AT 285/75r16 tires, the truck is leveled with a 2.5 kit, and just barley rubs when I'm turned all the way and on uneven terrain. I want to jump up to a 16x10 wheel with -38 offset. Does anyone know how bad I will rub?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 PM
PSN Local

Re: Wheel rubbing issue?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigPettis View Post
I have a 2001 f250 with the stock 16x7 lariat wheels with BFG AT 285/75r16 tires, the truck is leveled with a 2.5 kit, and just barley rubs when I'm turned all the way and on uneven terrain. I want to jump up to a 16x10 wheel with -38 offset. Does anyone know how bad I will rub?
You shouldn't rub at all with a level and the 33s. Right now you probably rub the leaf springs and with the more offset wheels you will definitely clear them. If anything you may rub the wheel well or bumper but it shouldn't be bad. I have 16x8 with -12 or so offset without level and same size tires and rub at full turn on the wheel well. If I were leveled I could clear 315/75/16.

01 f250CCSB, 285/75/16 GY duratracs, 4 inch diamond eye straight pipe, riff raff 6637, php Phoenix chip, isspro EGT gauge and torque app.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 AM
PSN Newb

My truck is 100% stock suspension and I just installed 18X9 -12mm with 285/65/18 Michelins today. We mounted the fronts and turned the wheels both directions, it's close, but no rubbing anywhere.

2001 Lariat, F250, 7.3, 6-speed, 3:73, Ford AIS, MBRP 4" turbo back, ATS ported housing, 205į t-stat, Infinity DX w/DP Tuner 80hp tow, coolant filter, EGT & Boost gauge. 18X9 -12 Fuel Hostage with Michelin 285/65/18 stock suspension.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Still learnin!

Thanks guys, as soon as I sell my factory OEM bumpers that will
Be my Next purchase

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode